Thursday, February 02, 2006

Between Jason and his roomate Lance, I'm going to die a very interesting death here at work. Lance, the Space Camp Ninja, will sneak up on me, scaring me to death. Jason sniper shoots me with imaginary guns from the hallway. It's my fault for moving my chair into the line of sight, I guess. I just hope he never invests in a paintball gun or something!

Very recently I acquired the audio versions of the Harry Potter novels, and they are different than the books I've read. I can only suppose that they are the British versions of the books. I like them though. It's kind of like getting your hands on a script of a movie that you know really well and getting to see all of the stuff that was cut or changed. Currently I'm on the first novel, but I have trouble paying attention to it. I can become engrossed in a book to the point of having to be yelled at to get my attention, but if someone is reading to me, I flake!

Today has been super busy! I had a doctor appointment this morning, and I ended up not getting to work until about 10:00. I sat down to eat my lunch, and from then on I was constantly doing something! I'm still working on the drone missile, but it's kind of slow going at times. I think I only have one more part to do, but it's the most complicated part of making the Air Force emblems. It takes hours to put those things together! One thing I am grateful about, though, is that they aren't huge like the last ones were. I also had to make the new plaques for the IMAX film festival (sorta) going on this month. We are currently showing "Batman Begins" and we will be showing "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" after that. I plan on catching the latter, but I'm afraid that a movie with that much movement on a 67 foot dome screen will make me sea-sick! I'm going to chance it!

Yesterday, Steve, Anthony and I went out to dinner and ended up staying for a really long time while we discussed life, death, the persuit of happiness, and the avoidance of sadness. I'm really very opinionated, I realized, and I apologize for that. Never noticed until it was pointed out! This doesn't mean I'll stop being that way, mind you, but I am sorry if it's offensive! : )

The class liked my Flash presentation during the critique. I was afraid that people would pick it apart, but I was plesantly surprised that most comments were positive. That made me glad! Now I've got to get started thinking about my next project in there. We are supposed to pick a business, redesign their logo, and create a banner ad. You know, those things we usually skip if they happen to open up on a website you go to? I hate that I'm learning annoying advertising. I'm thinking of just making up a business so I can be silly again. Something like, "Fathead Steve's Tequila and Waffles Shack". Sounds like something in Panama City Beach, FL during Spring Break!

Whelp, I'm out! Later!

No comments: