Monday, March 27, 2006

Greetings!

I'm not going to do my usual weekend update, simply because I had a rather uneventful weekend and it would be boring. However, there is one thing I think is worth telling you.

Sunday I wore a new sweater to church (riveting, I know). I had bought it a little big on purpose, because with my inexpert laundry skills I tend to shrink stuff and I wanted to be able to wear it more than once. The result of it being a little big was that anytime I bent over without the modest hand at the neck of the sweater, I basically flashed anyone who happened to be looking. I had been careful all that morning not to forget about that, but by the time service was over, I had forgotten. So I bent over to grab my bible and purse. Because I had some other stuff with me that slid off of the pile, I had to stand there for a few moments and gather everything together. It wasn't until I felt a breeze that I noticed what was going on! I jerked upright and held all of the books to my chest and walked out of the sanctuary with a really red face.

You know, looking back on it, it wasn't so much that I flashed congregation that bothers me. What bothers me is the beads that came flying out of the choir loft as I walked by.

Quick note to self...shrink that sweater soon!

No comments: