Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Do you know how disheartening it is to come home, have every intention of doing some hard core research paper writing, and suddenly wake up in the fetal position in a puddle of your own spittle? Charming...

I have almost finished writing my paper and it sucks. I'm not kidding. I just can't make myself get interested in it. I don't want to write it, I don't want to think about it, I would even kind of like to go back in time and trap Alexander the Great in a big, sticky piece of fly-paper and keep him from conquering Persia so that the Hellenistic era of Egypt never happened and this particular subject wouldn't exist!

Yeah, it's gotten to that point.

Poor Steve has fallen asleep in the living room. He's been so stressed and busy that I don't want to have to wake hium up and tell him to go to bed. This is the first night in a long time he's been home. I was just thinking last night when he came home that I feel kind of like we've gotten to the point of "Hey! Nice to see you again. How's the family? The Kids? Well, got to run. See you in a few days!"

Speaking of the kids...we had to take ChickenDog Butler to the vet. He acted terrible. He also got so nervous that his fur started flying out of him for no reason. It's like he thinks he's a porcupine, but since he doesn't have any quills, he just throws furs all over the place. By the time they called us back, I was boot deep in blond Lab hair. He also slobbered all over be from sheer anxiety. YUCK!

Although it's a little late, I'm going to go ahead and give my WEEKEND UPDATE!

Friday after work, Steve and I went to dinner with his newest co-worker Todd and his wife Sharon. They are really nice! I wasn't hungry, but when we got to Beaureguards, I decided that I would order a fried baloney sandwhich. I don't know what I was thinking. When it arrived, I became frightened at not only the smell of it, but the huge slices of baloney kind of oozing out. I only took a couple of bites before I had to give it up. *Shudder* I don't like to think about it.

Saturday I got up early and thought that I would finish my Flash project. I worked on it for about 10 solid hours, but couldn't get the darned thing to work. I got to the point of frustration I very rarely ever reach. I literally had to restrain myself from punching the monitor of my iMac. I had to get up and walk around for a while until the feeling passed. Luckily Jason is a Flash Master, and he gave me some code that will hopefully get me out of my bad spot. If it doesn't, I'm going to burn down his house. : ) Since Steve was down in the 'Ham visiting his mom (who is still freaking in the hospital if you can believe it) I decided to get out of the house for a while and see if I could get the ol brain working on the research paper. While I was getting ready, my friend Sara called! I haven't talked to her since November. She said that she reads my blog every day so, Hey Scary Spice! After she sort of fell asleep while we were talking (I knew I was boring but...geez) ; ) she let me go and I got my stuff together and went back to that coffee place where my friend and his band play. They weren't there, but I got a latte and settled back with my lap top. About half an hour later they came in, and informed me that they had been to his grandfather's funeral. : ( I never got to meet his grandparents, but I know it was Mr. Harris' dad who died, and that made me really sad. Jason was all torn up, which is understandable, so after they played a few songs, they all came to my table and we talked it out. I think the lead singer of the band, Eric, must think I'm kind of a moron. He kept finding it necessary to explain simple things to me. He also said "Can I say something without offending you?" I love that question, by the way. Like the proverbial box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get. : ) Since I don't know him that well, I didn't really know what he was going to say, so I told him "sure". He said "You've got to be the most romantic person I've ever met." I must've looked taken aback, because that was certainly not what I was expecting. I was just trying to puzzle out why that would be offensive in any way when he said "No, I totally mean that as a complement" and then went on to explain what he meant by romantic. I knew what he meant, that I had a good imagination and a way of looking at things through the rose-colored glasses you hear so much about (I won't explain the convo, if you don't mind, for pacing reasons). If he wasn't so nice and funny, I might have gotten offended at the fact that he was explaining what he meant! I actually ended up staying out there much longer than I had intended. It's nice to have a place to go and hang out without feeling like a bum, a NORM! kind of place, but I'm afraid Jason thinks I'm stalking him now. I was just thinking that I wouldn't mind making the place a regular stop for Saturday night lattes, but Jason said he was surprised to see me there. I didn't really know if he was glad to see me or what, but now I'm afraid if I keep going back, he's going to get a restraining order! : ) Nah. Probably not. Oh well, at least he doesn't have that crack-head girlfriend anymore to do it for him. I'm too old to deal with jealous girlfriends. I can't help it if I threaten other women! Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha! Sorry, I can't really even think that with a straight face!

Sunday was the norm. Church in the morning, my parent's for lunch, and then back home to work on the paper.

It's been spring break this week, but it's been the most un-springy break I've ever had. Last year at this time I was in Florida getting a tan and lying on the beach with my bathing suit top on upside down...I wish I was there now! : )

Well, I need to get back to the paper...always back to the paper.

Blech.

No comments: