Friday, March 10, 2006

I just came across a link for a person who makes wooden wedding bands and engagement rings. I don't mean to be rude, because the person who makes these things is obviously talented, but...wood?

I've been to many a wedding where the officiant has said, "These rings are made of gold, which does not tarnish, much as your love for each other and the love of Christ for you does not tarnish or fade."

I wonder what he would say about a wooden ring? "These rings are made of wood, such as trees are...and trees can get pretty old, but only if they don't get parasites or a subdivision isn't planned where it stands. So here's hoping!"

Somehow, it doesn't strike me as appropriate. After all, the mask of Agamemnon was found still shining after years and years, but the box that heald it and the body it was on was long gone.

No comments: