Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Ack. I don't like my new Tuesday/Thursday schedual. I'm only at work for nibbles at a time and I can't get anything constructive done. Eh, well, for that matter, do I ever do anything constructive? : )

Normally I'd do my weekend update here, but I'm not really sure about what I did. I know, that is super sad, but I have the short term memory of a ferret. Of course, I've never done expirements on a ferret to see how their short term memory is, so I could be over estimating myself. I'll do my best to remember, though.

Friday (I think) we went to have our Christmas dinner with our group of friends. Steve and I had already exchanged gifts with Anthony, but we hadn't with anyone else. I got Shannon some books on True Crime and Forensics, because she and I share that passion. We got her husband Greg a Clive Cussler (?) book that looked as long as Gone With the Wind, but I bet he read it all before he went to bed that night! We also got Josh a book written by Mother Theresa (cause he's into Catholic stuff) and a Yiddish Word-a-Day calender (cause he secretly would love to be Jewish). I got some books on the Titanic and a set of books on White Trash Etiquitte, which I will probably use the next time I have "White Trash Bash" at the house. Now I just have to make sure all of my NASCAR china show the same driver, because mixing the teams is a serious faux pas. :) That pretty much wraps up Christmas until next time for everyone except Kenny, but I don't get to see him that often, so I'll just give him his gifts (that he told me not to get him but I did anyways, so nyeah) when I see him next!

Saturday Steve and I went to Sams. I love Sams! However, it's not good to do impulse buying while you're there because you end up with 400 packs of Ramen noodles that you never eat and way too many fish sticks. Stupid me forgot that the checker put one of our things underneath the cart and we drove off without it. It was too late by the time I remembered where it was to go back for it. We were supposed to go out with Matt and Christy, but I got a nasty sinus headache that wouldn't go away, so we punked out on them. I felt bad because she is thisclose to having her baby, literally any day now, and we may not get to hang out with them much for a while. I told her that we would still hang out with them once the baby was born, but she seemed skeptical. Contrary to popular belief, I don't hate babies, I'm just scared I'm going to dent them. She's already told me she wants me to hold it while it's tiny! I don't want to be the reason it has to comb it's hair over a weird, flat place on it's head! Oy.

But I digress...

Steve and I ended up having dinner and watching the next few episodes of Lost. I'm much more confused now than I was before, but we've at least caught up with the actual series. It's going to suck when we have to wait a week between each episode. I just can't believe how great this show is! Also, I love Hurley. It's a love that I can't explain, so I won't try to.

Sunday was our norm. Church, lunch with the family, and then church again. I sang during the sunday night service, and I did alright. I sang "It Is Well" and it was a little hard to do because I haven't sung that since Steve's mom died, and I know she liked that one. They also played that at her funeral. It made Mr. Lee cry, which I didn't mean to do. Sometimes we miss her so much. I was always under the impression that you weren't supposed to like your mother in law, but I did. We had dinner with Mr. Lee after church and then Steve and I made a run to the ghetto Wal-Mart. It seemed very important that I go there and get something, but I couldn't remember what it was once I was there. I hate it when that happens, and it's been happening a lot! I have to stand in the middle of the store and tap my head until I remember, and sometimes I never do! Argh, it is frustrating! I did end up leaving with some stuff, but I still don't know if I got what I needed!

Monday was a paid holiday for everyone I work with, but I had to come in so that I could get paid! I complain, but I don't really mind. I rarely do anything since no one is there to request anything. If someone does request it, I can't get to the printers because the doors are locked and I don't have a key, so I can't make them anyways. So, I amuse myself for eight or nine hours and then go on my way. Not a bad way to spend a day, in all honesty!

Well, that is all for now. I'm about to leave for class, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that A) I stay awake and B) Lap-Top Girl stays far away from me. I also think I've forgotten to do some homework, but I'll jump off that bridge when I get to it I guess.

Hugs and Kisses!
Me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recently started my first blog and I may have inadvertently sent some traffic your way. Anyways, you're not linked on my site now so don't worry about any freaks visiting your page (aside from me)

Todd's geeky wife :)