Monday, January 29, 2007

WEEKEND UPDATE!

That's right, folks. It's another issue of Weekend Update, Kelly style!

Friday was work, of course. Our HR senior VP had her retirement party that afternoon, so we all went to say goodbye. I can't remember how long they said she had been here, but they did mention that she had hired over 10,000 people! Of course, you've got to count all of the counselors and temps, but still, that's a heck of a lot! She's a sweet lady, so I hope she enjoys her retirement. Later that evening, Steve and I went to Target and got dinner. When we came home, I had to request that we NOT watch "Stargate SG1" or "Threshold", which he complied with, but we ended up watching the original "Stargate" movie from 1994. I remember renting that when it came out on video, and I remembered liking it, so I was okay with that. I ended up working on a wedding gift that I'm making, so I didn't have to pay that close of attention! : )

Saturday I woke up insanly early. It's just my luck that I can't wake up on days I should, but I wake up really early on days I don't have to. :P Anyways, Steve and I had to go to the post office for stamps and such. I don't like going to the post office. The people behind the counter make me nervous! I was also wearing a t-shirt with the COBRA logo on it (G.I. Joe style) and the guy working there said "OH! Cobra! Where are the Joes?" Note to self, wear shirts without logos next time. : ) When we got home we had to part ways. I had to go to the bank and get groceries, and Steve had a date. The stupid computers were down at the back, so the check I deposited wasn't going to be entered right away. Of course, I had to get groceries regardless, so that was a fun game of "Will my check clear or not!" Luckily, everything went fine. So I got groceries and lunch, and by the time Steve got home I had a headache that wouldn't die. I fell asleep, pretty sure I was in for a massive migrane, but it never got as bad as that. Maybe the nap helped. Josh had called and asked us if we wanted to go to dinner, but my head was still hurting and I didn't want to go anywhere, so we stayed home. For the rest of the evening, I was treated to "Stargate SG1". Whee.

Sunday was church, of course. Then lunch with the family. My mom recently had the cabinets changed so that they no longer hang over the stove. It was weird! It looked totally different, but then I'd been used to the old cabinets for 20 years. Steve and I came home and fell asleep, then he went to church while I stayed home and did homework. Oh yes, it's that time of year again. Gah! I had panicked and thought I was supposed to be writing a whole paper last night, but after checking, I found out I'm just supposed to have proof of research. Of course, then I couldn't find anything on the subject I was looking for. It's enough to make you want to rip out your own eyes! I also got an e-mail from the mom of my friend who had the transplant. Sara had gotten out of the hospital last week, but then had to go back for some small complications. Hopefully she will be out again soon and on the mend. Again. Just remember to keep praying!

So that was my weekend!

No comments: