Thursday, January 11, 2007

Dear Lap-Top Girl who sat next to me in class today,

You know, I understand that you have a whole system worked out for doing your school work. I also understand that you probably have a million different classes going on and you probably have to run across campus to make it to the class we share close to on time. However, I would like to make a suggestion to you. If you are going to be late, carry 6.2 cubic tons of crap, need to switch from using your lap-top/notebook/loose leaf paper/folder/ eight different pens, AND continuously take your sweater on and off during the course of a class, could you please not sit next to me ever again? Please? About 15 minutes after you arrived, I wanted to take that nice shiny Dell and break your nose with it. There were huge amounts of space where you and your continuously moving ring of stuff could have been, yet you chose to sit in between two students who also had packs and purses, not to mention our own notebooks and the minimum amount of personal space allowed by law. If you didn't notice, we are not in a room with large, comfortable seating that allows each of us to show up to class supplied like a sherpa. We have about two feet of space that we and our belongings can fill without crowding each other.

Also, if you are going to have semi-nude photos of yourself on your lap-top, please (and I'm begging you not just for me, but for all of us in the art department) PLEASE make a special "I'm naked" folder and hide them. Was it not bad enough that your screen pretty much blinded me during class while you changed your desktop wallpaper and surfed the internet? Do I also have to look up to see you in your underwear?

However, I would like to thank you for typing in the dates of the paintings we looked at. Our teacher talks really fast, so it was the only way I could write them down.

Hugs and kisses,
Me

No comments: