Thursday, January 11, 2007

It's official, the crossing guards hate me.

I know I've said this before, but I think they've had another meeting and decided that I'm not allowed to be on time for work under any circumstances and they will do whatever it takes with extreme prejudice. I started back to work on Monday, and I was late. Tuesday...late. Yesterday, super late. Part of it is because of the fact that I have had trouble waking up, but the rest is all about the crossing guards. This morning, I got up and out of the house twenty minutes earlier than I usually do, and I still got to work at the same time as I did yesterday. That can't be normal. This morning they must have known I left early and they recruited a guerrilla soccermom and her maroon minivan to swoop in before me and then drive two miles an hour the whole freaking way to the parkway. Hmmmmm, I'm beginning to sound like a conspiracy theorist. Next thing you know, I'll be wearing a tin foil hat and buying copies of Catcher in the Rye. Oy.

I've learned something about myself the past few days. I love to order packages and track them as they are being shipped. I used to think that I just loved to get stuff in the mail, but now I realize that it's all about the anticipation of them getting here and being able to track them and see where they are stopping and starting. I realize that's probably making some of you sad, but in the immortal words of Garfield the cat... "Simple Cat, Simple Pleasures."

I've got to leave for school in a few minutes. I kind of freaked out tuesday afternoon because I had the feeling that I might have signed up for the wrong class. It isn't totally my fault, though. When Steve moved the desks out of my office, I misplaced the program of study that I was given by my advisor. The POS is basically a road map of what I need to take in order to graduate. Since I couldn't find it when I signed up for classes, I had to just do my best and remember the last two requirements needed. I knew about the 300 level elective, but I couldn't remember about my last art history class. I remembered it had to be something that wasn't ancient, but that was all. Since I chose 19th century art, which was the most contemporary one I saw on the class list, I thought I was okay. However, the teacher said we would be covering art from 1750-1860. So I panicked and wrote every teacher that I had asking if I was in the right class. Now my history prof thinks I'm an idiot because my POS said (he informed me in an e-mail) that my requirement was a post 1800 art history class, and 19th century art was post 1800. Doh! Maybe I should have explained about the lost POS in my original e-mail. I'll be lucky if he doesn't make me wear a helmet and bib during class today. :(

I finally finished up my Christmas shopping yesterday! I know, I know...it's January. I hadn't had a chance to get the last couple of things for some friends before Christmas, so I did it last night. I love getting gifts for people! Hopefully they will like them. If not, they can bite me. :)

No comments: