Monday, January 22, 2007

I should really be working, but I haven't quite fully charged this morning. :P Do you ever have those days where it feels like you only have about 5 out of 9 volts running? That is me today. Of course, you aren't here to read about how tired I am. You are here to read my

WEEKEND UPDATE!

Friday was a really long and busy day. I had a lot of signs and things to make, and for some reason I kept forgetting to do things when it was convenient. I'd make a sign, take it to whomever it belonged to, intend to make a stop by someone elses office to get something on my way back, and then wind up back in my office without what I needed. Then it would start all over again! Very frustrating! That night, Steve, Anthony and I had dinner together and then the fellas went to the boat show. I respectfully declined to attend because stuff like that bores me to tears! So I went to Books-A-Million with the intent of getting a coconut mocha latte (because their cafe makes the best ones). It took me forever to find a parking spot, which for the bookstore is unusual, so I expected that I would walk in and find the place crammed to the gills. But I was wrong. It was strange. Not that many people were milling about, and it was really quiet. It wasn't until I made it back to the Arts & Crafts section that I relized where all of the people were. There was some professor or something who taught theology (somewhere, I didn't check) who was giving a lecture about Tolkein and the LOTR trilogy. I stopped and listened for a second, but I have very little knowledge of Tolkein and I've never read the books, so I couldn't get into it. :( Later on, Steve and Anthony came home and Steve had to show off the new TV. All I can remember about it is that it's HD and big, and it uses tiny little mirrors to make the picture. As long as I can figure out how to use it, I'll be good!

Saturday was a very lazy day for me. I did some laundry, swept a little and did some dishes. Other than that, I had given myself the task of mastering a form of 16th century embroidery called "Blackwork". If you've ever seen a portrait of King Henry VIII or his wives, heck pretty much any of the higher classes of that time, you've probably seen blackwork embroidery along the edges of their sleeves. It's pretty, but it will make your eyes cross. I finally figured it out, so I'm glad. It's kind of a pointless skill to have, unless you plan to spend a great deal of time making costumes, but I don't mind. I figure out a use for it! Steve had been gone to the golf course all morning, so when he got back, we watched some Staargate SG-1 dvds. I'm not crazy about the show like he is, but it can be funny. I pretty much just worked on the blackwork stuff.

OH! I did get an e-mail from the mother of my friend who had gotten the transplant. It looks like she's been moved from the hospital, where she has been for the past 13 weeks, to the transplant recovery house! She has had no organ rejection problems since her transplant, but she has been getting sick with viruses, which is normal for people who have had transplants, but she is well enough to begin her down swing on the whole situation! I was really glad to hear that, because I had gotten worried! Anyways, so hopefully she will be able to come home not too far in the future! Yay!

Sunday Steve and I both woke up not feeling well, so we stayed at home all day. That is pretty much it. : )

Well, that was my weekend.

No comments: