Friday, September 22, 2006

I looked out of the window this morning and saw that the sky was overcast, throwing the world into a dim, shadowless, somewhat two dimensional vista. I like to think of this as "Super Villian" weather. I can picture someone standing on a roof in the strong wind, hair whipping around, looking over the world and trying to decide what the best way to take over the government would be.

Of course, then the rain started and all of that disappeared. Then it was just your normal, everyday, rainy weather. I had to run outside and get the dogs. They had spiky mullets when they came back inside. Butler really hates having a dog-mullet!

Not much has been going on here lately, just school and work. I've got to write yet another stupid research paper this semester. This one will be about the Boscoreale treasure. Yeah, I'd never heard of it either, but the teacher nixed the other two subjects I had pitched and took pity by pretty much assigning that topic to me. Heck, I'm not going to complain about that! At least now I have a direction to go. Of course, I will also have to sequester myself for most of the semester to get the dumb paper done. There is not much I dislike more than research papers for this teacher. The woman knows EVERYTHING, and doesn't let you BS too much. SIGH. Otherwise, I really like Ancient Roman art history so far. My graphics course has been interesting. Our next project is creating elements for an Annual Report for a public company. I'm going to be doing one for Starbucks. Unfortunately another girl in my class is also going to be doing Starbucks, so I hope she doesn't make me look too bad!

I officially R.S.V.P-ed to my 10 year class reunion yesterday. I wasn't going to go, but someone who will remain nameless (but her initials are SARA ULTZ) guilted me into going. She'd make a wonderful Jewish mother. I'm sure it will be fun. Yes. Yes it will. Got to keep saying that to myself.

Our air conditioning has been out on our floor for a week. We don't rate high enough in importantce to get it fixed right away, so we've had to leave the roof access doors open all day. The trouble with that is if it's humid, it's humid in our offices, it's only as cool as the outside temperature, and the main door to our entrance will periodically open and slam shut depending on the wind. Scares the life out of you if you think you're up here alone! : )

Oooh! Speaking of scaring the life out of you! The other day I was doing some sketches and I was listening to an audio book on my iPod. It was a story by Stephen King called "The Mist" and instead of being read straight from the book itself, it was acted out like one of those old radio shows. I've read the story a million times and always thought it was a little silly, but hearing it acted out made it really kind of scary! I was so intent on my sketches and listening to the story that when on of my co-workers walked in and knocked on my door, he scared the crap out of me. Now I can better understand the issue with "War of the Worlds!"

My tongue still hurts from Tuesday, by the way.

That is all.

No comments: