Monday, September 18, 2006

PRECIOUS MEMORIES

OK. Several months ago I told you about my friend who was in the band that I would go to see at the Coffee Tree. Every night that I was there, he would sing the song "Trashy Women" in my honor because of the line about the date for the senior prom.

Well, I finally have conclusive proof that I was NOT, in fact, a trashy woman, nor did I wear a Dolly Parton wig.

Behold! Oh, and try not to go blind from the cuteness!



Okay, now, let's ignore the fact that my date looked like Ritchie Cunningham and I could wrap my arm around him twice. He was the son of my FFA teacher. It was actually his senior prom because I was only 16 at the time. We had actually broken up a couple of weeks before this and he was dating someone else, but I had already bought my dress and he was too scared to tell me he wanted to take his new girlfriend. Could you blame him? I could have snapped him like a twig! ; )

First off, look how skinny I was! Of course, I thought I was a cow, but I think most 16 year old girls think that at some point in time. My dress was so uncomfortable. When we went out to dinner, I ordered ribs. Don't have a clue what I was thinking, but luckily I didn't get anything on me. :) I was ROCKING that sideways pony-tail thing, wasn't I? Although you can't see them, I had on silver shoes (OMG, silver shoes) and I thought I was the stuff. However, I am perfectly certain that I didn't look trashy at all. You can give me your opinion, though. :)

Anyway, I just thought I would share.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

not trashy
very cute
the dress doesn't even look like a wedding cake
you know, my first prom date and i broke up a few weeks before prom. he still wanted to take me, but i said no way. then my MOM CALLED HIM without my permission and DEMANDED if he knew how much a prom dress cost and why wasn't he taking me? he said he had planned on it, but i wouldn't go with him! (i had some self-respect once upon a time)
i still haven't let mom forget she did that
this was the guy who was Jon's best man, by the way