Friday, September 01, 2006

Sorry for the lack of updates lately. I've just felt kind of blah and unmotiviated. Not just about writing, but about a lot of things. It's funny how things can seem extremely important until you lose your motivation to do them. It's also funny to realize what your real motivation is for some of the things you do, if you've never sat back and thought about it before.

Not much has really been going on this week. School started (yee and/or ha) and it's almost an exact repeat of last semester. Ancient Roman Art History (research paper included, of course) and my last, senior level Graphic Design course. The former is already very interesting and easier to process than the Greek stuff we studied last semester. Hopefully it will remain interesting! The latter has the potential to be a lot of fun. From what I can tell, it's a course on marketing, packaging, and display design. Our first assignment is to design an "Edgy" logo and brochure for an
"Edgy" business. Personally, I don't know what to think about it because my idea of edgy and my teacher's idea of it differ wildly. However, we must cater to the teacher because he is the one who giveth the grades. I'll keep you updated. :)

Can I make one request of everyone out there? Could I ask that none of you die this year if you can help it? I don't want to attend any more funerals for a while. Granted, we don't get to pick when our time is up, but...you know...just don't. :) I actually sang at Grandmother's funeral last week. It was harder than I thought it would be. I wasn't going to do it, but I'm glad I decided to after all. I'm sure my grandmother would have loved it, and my family appreciated it. It's nice to know you can do little things for people. Making people happy is one of my favorite things to do!

Oh! I forgot to tell you about my sister at the funeral! Steve and I went to my parent's house before it started, and Angie (my sis) and her family were there. They hadn't changed clothes yet, so she went into my dad's study to change. She walked out with a kind of disgusted look on her face and said "Gaw, I forgot my panties!" I was confused for a second, but then I just told her to wear the ones she had on. Apparently, therein lay the problem. So my sister had to go commando to my Grandmother's funeral! So very classy. Heeheehee.

Yesterday I left school and went home because I wasn't feeling well. I haven't been sleeping well lately. I'll sleep badly at night, or wake up completely wired at 3:00 am, and then be exhausted all the next day. It caught up with me yesterday and so I got home at about 2:00. I lay down on the couch and tried to sleep, but I never actually did. I stayed in that weird, pre-sleep stage for two hours or more. I could still hear sounds in the real world, but I couldn't go all the way asleep. I'm still tired, but not as bad. Possibly I'll take a nap under my desk later, we'll see! :)

Well, that's about it for now. I think there was something else I wanted to post about, but I don't remember it at the moment. I'll be back!

No comments: