Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Is tying a tie really that hard for most people?

Since the day Steve and I had our engagement pictures made, I have known how to tie a tie. I looked up "tying a tie" on the internet, found the directions, put Steve's tie around my neck and fixed it. Not hard at all. Granted, I have better manual dexterity than most folks, but still, it isn't that hard of a thing to do!

Josh drove across town last night with two hangers full of ties that he had just had dry cleaned. He asked me to tie them for him. Of course I did it for him, I mean, what kind of heifer would I have been to say no, but come on! We had a little tie lesson while he was there. He almost had it down by the time he left, but I still tied all but two of them.

Steve can't do it, Josh can't do it, and my B.I.L. Shawn had to have my dad tie his tie for Grandmother's funeral. In fact, I don't think I know guy close to my age (except for maybe those folks in FFA with me, because it was part of what the guys learned to do...for official dress) who can tie one. Maybe guys just don't wear a tie as often as they used to. You got me.

So I implore you, if you are a man between the ages of 18-40. Learn to tie a freaking tie if you don't know already!

I used the word "Tie" a lot in that entry...

On another note, Steve and I watched "Shaun of the Dead" last night. Absolutely hilarous. I was afraid Steve wouldn't like it, but once the first zombie popped up on the screen, hilarity ensued. I recommend putting it into your Netflix que or seeing if you can record it with the TiVo. Two thumbs up, but they do use the "F" word 77 times. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

jon ties his. when i was a romance-struck little teen i used to daydream about tying my man's ties someday.. gonna have to break his hands to do it and that's not very romantic i guess