Friday, September 29, 2006

THE DREAMS ARE BACK...WITH A VENGEANCE!

Wow. I had the strangest dream last night. It's surprising, because for the last two months or so, I haven't had that many memorable dreams. I have always had such vivid dreams that it became a joke in my family that I would spend whole mornings telling people about them, but lately I haven't been able to remember any of them.

Last night changed that!

Far be it from me to bore you all with every minute detail, but I will give you an overview. First some background!

There was a spider in our mail yesterday. Not just a little one, either, and I didn't realize it until I was leafing through it in the car. I move over a Netflix envelope and Shelob runs out from under it. There are many words that describe the surprise of finding a spider in your mail, but none of them are appropriate to put in a blog read by several of my beloved church family! So I throw the mail to the floor of the passenger side and begin beating it, hoping to smash the spider in between the Alabama Baptist and the book of coupons. I pulled the mail back, piece by piece, but didn't find the mangled remains of the spider. This caused be some concern because I didn't want to driving along one day and suddenly have a bug on me somewhere! So I began searching in earnest, and it wasn't until I was about to give up, when I noticed the big spider sitting on my gear knob (that I had just been bending over) watching me! *BLECK!* Needless to say, I grabbed some piece of mail and sqashed Mr. Spider. Ew. I have a nameless dread of all things creepy and crawly, and although I have learned to kill spiders, that is all I can bring myself to do. So, anyway, I believe this is the basis for my bizarre dream.

I dreamed I wasn't married (no that's not the scary part) and lived in a community of people who worked at a nearby college. I was dating some guy who was working in genetics, and had a fondness for splicing animal genes to make new and exciting (and as it turns out very dangerous) critters. The first thing that I came across was some kind of lobster-person-bat-scorpion thing that skittered around the room like a big spider. It tried to kill me with it's big stinger. It was horribly disgusting, and I can't do justice by just describing it. I could get away from it, but it was always after me! Boyfriend (cause I'd never seen him before and don't know his name) kept having to chase it down and trap it inside a plastic bag. He assured me it was harmless and he'd take care of it. He lied. Later I kept seeing him with all of these other weird and deformed animals, each of them dangerous and trying to kill people. I found out later that it wasn't just the gene splicing he was playing with, he had developed some kind of liquid that accelerated gene mutation and would cause these animals to go crazy. Boyfriend apparently had accidentally ingested some of whatever it was and went Dr. Jeckel & Mr. Hyde on us. Me, and one of boyfriend's friends, had to get away from him because where the animals were just sort of mindlessly killing, he could think! We had to hide in the college. It finally got so bad that a bunch of people had to barracade themselves inside a lecture hall. There was more, but that is the gist.

The dream, although scary AND which would make a fairly decent B grade SciFi channel movie, wasn't the weirdest part.

I woke up after having this dream. I knew I'd been tossing and turning and gernerally not resting well, but I didn't stay awake for long. When I went back to sleep, my brain gave me a RECAP of the dream and then went on to finish it! Not only did I have a wild dream for the first time in a million years, but now my dreams are starting out like episodes of Battlestar Galactica! "Previously in Kelly's Dreams..."

Anyways, just thought I'd share!

No comments: