Sunday, October 01, 2006

Weekend Update! Woooooo!

Well, as a whole my weekend was interesting for one good reason. I got to expirence first hand what bad withdrawl is like. Since my last trip to the doctor, I have been doing a drug trial for an...illness I suppose you can call it...I have. The medicine has had some not-so-great side effects, but it has been somewhat useful in helping me. My doctor had given me enough of the medicine to last two months, but unfortunately, I didn't have enough to make it from one appointment to another. Since I am hoping to try another kind of medicine, and didn't want to pay for part of a prescription of this stuff I didn't like, I ill advisedly decided I would just not worry about it and just wait until I went back to the doctor to worry about anything.

Bad idea.

Apparently, this medicine can't be stopped cold turkey. So for several days now, I've alternately been so wired I couldn't sleep, so sleepy I couldn't stay awake, breaking out into a sweat, freezing to death, shaking so hard I could barely hold a pencil and having to walk hunched over like a little old woman because my back hurt so bad. Also, and I have to admit I thought this one was funny, several times I'd get up and just fall over sideways. Luckily I was always able to catch myself before hitting the floor! Not so much fun, all in all. However, I do have a very dear friend who was once on this medication and he passed on enough to me to get me to my next appointment. I hate it, but it's better than the alternative!

Other than that, I had a very nice weekend!

Friday night Steve and I didn't go anywhere specific. We just hung out. Actually, Steve fell asleep for a while when he came home from work, I made burritos, and we ended up watching Sling Blade. Well, actually, Steve watched Sling Blade and I listened to it from another room. I watched the beginning of it and decided it was too sad. I enjoyed what I heard, but of course I ended up crying at the end. I don't like movies that make me cry!

I don't like to cry in front of other people, not even Steve. If you've ever seen me cry, one of three things has happened: A)You have caught me in the midst of a despair that I can't fake my way out of. B) You have hurt my feelings and I couldn't get away from you fast enough to cry in the privacy of a bathroom or closet somewhere, or C) The Notebook is on. However, I digress.

So after the movie goes off, Steve is walking around talking like the Sling Blade guy. I had to threaten him with bodily harm to make him stop.

Saturday Steve went to Six Flags with some folks from church and I spent the morning shopping with my favorite Evil Monkey. Sara and I went to the mall to try and find her a dress to wear for our class reunion. We found out quickly that her failsafe reserve dress and the dress I'm going to wear are the same (in different colors) so we went everywhere in the mall that could possibly have a dress she could get. No dice, though. We've found that with this heinous 80s revival thing going on, most appropriately dressy dresses are fugly. She did try on several nice ones, but didn't find anything she loved enough to get. I'm thinking we are just going to have to accesorize differently so that no one thinks we Pookie-Dressed on purpose! :) Later that evening, after the scary one and I parted ways, I made a run to the dollar store to get some paper towels and heeded the call of Cheeburger Cheeburger. I haven't had a burger from there in so long...*drool* I got one to go and spent my dinner time watching a Spongebob Squarepants marathon. Don't blame me for that one, I still can't figure out how to play a DVD.

Sunday I went to church but had to come home before service started because my back hurt too badly to sit up for very long. I went to my parent's for lunch and found out that the auction of my grandmother's property had happened the day before and everything was gone. :( I knew it was coming, and I shouldn't be sad, but I am. Although I got everything of hers that I could have possibly wanted, I still don't like the fact that now other people own her stuff. The thing that made me the saddest was that they sold the wooden high chair. Honestly, I don't know if I'll ever want to have kids, but I guess I always thought that if I did have them, they'd get to sit in it like every other child in our family has. Oh well. Once I got home, my back was hurting again so badly that I had to lie down again and I was in another episode of shaking, freezing and falling over, so I stayed home from church that night. Luckily I was able to get the back up medicine before I went to bed that night and now feel much better.

That is all.

No comments: