Friday, October 20, 2006

LATEST UPDATE!

Well, I got two more e-mails about my friend, and everything seems to have gone well. She got 5 organs and the surgery took 12.5 hours. Her mom thought she'd be all out of it after her procedure, but she popped up and waved to her. She also asked her mom to bring her some stuff so she could fix her hair. :) That sounds exactly like her, alright. They also believe that if everything keeps going well, she may be able to start eating real food again in about 7-10 days! GOOOOOOOOOOOOO Transplant Team!

So today is the day of the United Way/Space Camp anniversary thing, and I am indeed sitting here in my Pink Lady costume. It's freaking HOT, too. I think whomever made it lined it with plastic and solar blankets because the least little bit of exertion while I'm wearing it and I feel like I'm on fire. Oh well, at least I look cute. Apparently, the Pink Lady is something that was created when Space Camp had just started and was supposed to be what the tour guides were supposed to dress as. Hmmmmmmm, I don't think so. Wearing an orange flight suit was bad enough, but I don't think I could have stood dressing like That Girl every day. One of the things that was done, was my boss made a bunch of "Ms. Baker on a stick" fans. It's the head of a monkey with the eyes cut out with a stick stapled to the back. It can be used as a fan or a mask, but they are creepy looking little things. I spent the last part of my day cutting out monkey heads. I had nightmares...seriously.

This weekend, I'm going to crash a wedding! It's not just any wedding, though, it's a Star Wars themed wedding that is being held out here at the SpRocket! They are going to wear COSTUMES and everything! The special events coordinator told me about it and I have the severe desire to come and watch it. At least I have my badge to explain why I'm there, in case anyone says anything.

My class reunion was canceled. :( I was actually starting to look forward to it. There wasn't enough interest in it to go ahead with the plans. As small of a class as we had, that is really surprising. I'd figure we'd all have to come and just see who was still living with their parents! Nah, we actually had a lot of successful people in our class. Several nurses, a college professor, one guy has even cut a record and it's going to be out soon. I'd heard snips of it and it's actually really good! There are a lot of other people who did well, and then a lot of people who just had a LOT of kids. One guy died and one girl went blind, so that's really sad. However, I'm pretty sure almost everyone did something productive at least. It would have been nice to see everyone, but oh well, I'm not going to cry about it. Most of them just thought I was weird, anyways, and probably think I joined some kind of hippy, Star Trek cult in Montana. Little do they know what an illustrious career I ended up with! : )

I've hurt my back and I have no idea how! I thought it happened when I fell out of my chair, but I'm pretty sure that it would have gone away by now. It hurts to sit for very long, but I don't really have much of a choice. I have to stand up and do yoga stretches every once in a while, so if you see me do this, or I stand up while I'm talking to you and contort myself, I'm not ignoring you! It just feelins like it needs to be popped, but doing that doesn't help! I spent 28 years avoiding sports to keep from stuff like this, so who knows where this came from!

I embarrassed this guy I work with yesterday. Well, actually, HE embarrassed himself, but only because A) he's a pervert and B)he misunderstood something I was talking about. I stopped to say hello to him on my way to return a security vest to the Bush Room. I held it up to look at it for the first time since picking it up and mentioned that it reminded me of my candy striper outfit. He kind of smiled at me and asked what outfit and I said "Oh, well, it was really just a vest like this, but stiped red and white." He got this look on his face that looked slightly letchorus and said "Oh really?" I said "Yeah, but I always wore it over a red skirt and white shirt, so it was a whole uniform. I was twelve at the time." He turned bright red and started stammering "Oh, you really worked in the hospital". Apparently he thought I was telling him about some weird...activities I participated in that involved dressing like a candy striper. Now, let's see if this man can look me in the eye again for the rest of the year!

No comments: