Friday, October 27, 2006

Well, this isn't good...

I just went outside to take a look at a couple of signs that I needed to replace. I didn't actually NEED to go out, but from the lofty heights of my office (i.e. roof is in the way, so I couldn't see the ground) it didn't look like it was raining that hard. So out I went and realized fairly quickly that it was umbrella weather. Armed with the umbrella and my lab coat, I ventured out into the monsoon. Apparently the SpRocket is built on an undulating series of downhill waves which seem to defy the laws of physics, because everywhere you walk, the water is flowing in a different direction. However, they all have one thing in common. I stepped into a puddle nearly every step I took. My jeans are wet to the knees and my shoes are soaked through to my socks. It's a very unplesant feeling. Now I'm back in my office in the in between stages of being wet and cold/ warm and drying off. I don't think I like this feeling.

You know, off the subject, but does it bother anyone else that KFC has been using the song "Sweet Home Alabama" in it's commercials? I'm not sure that I catch how that ties in.

Other than the rain, the SpRocket is beautiful! The maples in the parking lot are all different colors and the leaves are so perfect that you'd think they were painted. One of my favorite trees is still partly green, but also turning gold and has patches of dark burgandy leaves all over it. I can't imagine living anywhere that didn't have trees that change color. I'm convinced that God has this hobby of painting leaves every year and plans ahead to make the next one more beautiful than the last. In heaven, a whole section of trees will always be autumn colors. I hope anyway!

No comments: