Monday, October 23, 2006

WEEKEND UPDATE!

Wooo-Hoooo! Okay, well, I don't think my weekend can warrant a woo-hoo, but it wasn't bad!

Friday after work, I was exhausted. While I knew I would be going to the United Way Chili Cook-Off, I didn't realize that I would be serving as a waitress for the judges. Who knew that a couple of hours walking back and forth in Nancy Sinatra boots would be so tiring. Although I don't think being a waitress would be something I want to try, I didn't do too badly AND I didn't spill anything on myself! Yay!

Anyway...

When I got home, I changed into comfy clothes and Steve and I stretched out for a nap. Unfortunately the phone rang and Steve was reminded that he had made plans to go to the theater with Anthony (oops) so he jumped up and ran off, leaving me alone and bereft for the evening. Well, not so bereft, if you want me to be honest. I took my power nap and then began working on my newest Graphics project. It's been a long road, but I finally figured out what to do. It's supposed to be a self-promotion project. We make 3 "teaser" postcards that let the potential employee know that something will be sent to them, and then we have to make an object that not only reflects us as people, but also describes us as designers, and incorporates our resume in some clever way. Kenny and Steve both tried to help me think of something, but we didn't come up with anything! Finally I decided to use my new found prowess with polymer clay and make 4 (surprisingly realistic) clay chocolates with Magnets on the back. I made a candy box and a big tag for it that says "With Other Designers, You Never Know What You're Going To Get." My resume will be folded up on the inside like those "Chocolate Maps" that you get to tell you wha pieces are in the box! So, they have my resume, magnets that they can use for practial purposes and the knowledge that I am a fantastic designer that they would love to have on staff! I hope, anyway. : )

Saturday Steve was off doing his own thing and I had all kinds of stuff planned to do. I worked for several hours on my project and had lunch. I was just about to get ready and run all of my errands when all of the awake left my body. No big deal, right? Take a quick nap and everything will be fine! Well, not so much. I fell into a deep and sodden sleep that lasted for 3 1/2 hours. I didn't get to go run my errands and I missed the Star Wars wedding, much to my chagrin, but I did wake up in time to get ready for my date with Steve and Josh. Since we had planned on going to my class reunion (Josh was going as Sara's date) and since the reunion was cancelled, we had all decided to get dresed up and go out anyways. Well, then Sara had to go and get herself an organ donor (Some people are so self centered! :) so it was just going to be us three. We decided to go to 801 Franklin and have dinner. As I was getting ready, I decided that I wanted my hair to be curly, so I broke out the seldom used hot rollers and put them in my hair. I used to be a faithful hot roller using person back in the day. Every day I would have big, giant, country-music-award hair, but for the mid 90s, it looked good! Well, apparently the way my hair is cut now is so different than the way it used to be that when I took the rollers out...I looked like Gilda Radner doing Rosanne Rosanna-Danna! Wow, my hair was HUGE. So I spent the next hour or so trying to tone it down a little. by the time Josh got there, I had managed to corral my hair into a managable 1940's looking wave complete with a flower pin clipped into it. The pin was probably a bit much, but without it, one side of my head exploded into a curly mess while the other side looked decent. At any rate, I looked cute. : ) So we went out to dinner and ended the evening at the local Starbucks sipping latte's, Pelagrino, and evesdropping on a conversation that a guy was having with his girlfriend's parents, whom he was meeting for the first time. Very, very uncomfortable stuff. Good times.

Sunday was weird. I was fine when I woke up, and was getting ready for church when I bent down to get something underneath the bed and immediately started feeling sick. Not throw-up sick, but just...ill. Steve had to go on to church without me and I had to call my mom to let her know I was not going to make it over for lunch. By the time I did that, I was freezing and couldn't get warm. I ended up piling on all kinds of clothes and blankets and falling asleep on the couch. I slept nearly all day. Even when I woke up, I was too tired to move, so I lay on the couch with the hood of my jacket pulled up and tied so that only my eyes and nose peeked out, covered with my blanket until almost 4 o'clock. By then I was feeling a little better, and no longer cold, so I got up and worked on some homework and played a computer game. I went back and forth from lying on the couch to sitting at the computer until it was time for bed. I have no idea what was wrong with me, but hopefully it won't happen again for a long time!

Oh, and an update on Sara and her transplant: Friday they had to take her into surgery due to a bleeding problem. It wasn't serious, so it was taken care of with little to no fuss and they had her sitting up for a while. From the news I'm getting, she seems to be doing really well and hopefully will be moved into the recovery house where she will live for a couple of months while she's kept under observation. Please keep her in your prayers and I'll pass on news when I get it!

No comments: