Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Well, crap.

I had just typed in quite a big of my newest entry when the power blinked off and destroyed everything. I don't have the energy or the desire to retype everything, so I will just tell you about Sunday. Don't worry, you didn't miss anything! : )

Sunday, I got a case of "Laugh-In-Church" syndrome in the morning. The children's choir sand the special music and the first song had a little beat to it. Of course, the kids started swaying around (which, for a fairly conservative Baptist congregation, is quite shocking! ; ) Anyway, most of the kids just sort of swayed or bounced on their feet a little, but one little boy in the front did a little more. He's the son of our associate pastor, and as the song went on, he started doing some kind of twisty, interpretive dance. It was so funny. It didn't last long, of course, but it got me tickled. Right after that, the minister of music stood up and said "And now, if you'll join me in singing all five stanzas of 'He Keeps Me Singing'" and I got tickled again. Our song director can make any hymn as long "Free Bird", so that was justs funny to me. Granted, that shouldn't have been as funny to me as it turned out to be, but it set me off. I could barely sing for the firstt 3 verses. It would be so helpful if I could just buy a packet of dignity and composure to keep in my purse. I sure don't have any of that naturally. : )

I got my hair cut! It looks so different to me, but I think it's basically just a redux of a haircut I've had before. I need to check some pictures to make sure. It's kind of the opposite of the haircut I've had for the past couple of years, so instead of being shorter in the back and long in the front, it's layered in the front and longer in the back. When she started cutting, I got the morbid feeling that I was going to end up with a Fe-Mullet, but thank God, that didn't happen. The only problem with it I can see is now my hair tends to curl up at the ends in different directions and the shortest layer is always in my eye. Steve should like that. : ) You know, anything to cover up my face, and he's for it! My hair has also begun to turn colors for some unknown reason. I haven't colored it for a long time, so I'm not sure what's going on. In the front I have these bright strawberry blonde strands that catch the light, I have some gold colored strands scattered through the rest of my hair, I still have the dark brown, but it's got reddish streaks in it now and I have one very determined white strand of hair right in my part. I can only imagine driving around with the top down on my car this summer lightened it up a little, but I'm starting to get nervous as to what color it will eventually end up. I'm determined not to color it again, though. DETERMINED!

Well, that's about the extent of excitement in my life. I took a lot of beautiful pictures of the leaves outside of the museum yesterday and I'm going to see about putting them on my Flickr account so you can see them all. : ) Yay!

I'll be back.

No comments: