Monday, October 09, 2006

Looks like somebody's got a case of the Mondays. : )

Well, it's Monday again, folks. Once again the weekend seemed to be only long enough to do laundry and that sort of thing. I did have a nice weekend, though. What? You want to know what I did? OK!

WEEKEND UPDATE!

Friday didn't seem to ever want to end. I had been surprisingly busy catching up some older projects, so I stayed out of trouble. I had to apply decals to one of the new-ish trucks the Center bought from the city. When I got outside armed with my work kit and decals, I realized that they had parked on an incline. Therefore, the level I use when putting car decals on was rendered useless. Who knows if I got them on straight. After work, we had planned to go to dinner with everyone. Josh was late again, of course, but Shannon, Greg, Steve and I got there on time. We had a lot of fun, as we normally do, but we didn't get to go on and do anything else as a group because something complicated and technical happened at the SpaceDome while we were at Chili's, so Greg and Steve (because he's smart like that) went over to check it out. Apparently it was just some blown fuses or something of that nature and was easily fixed.

Saturday I was actually successful in getting some things done! I didn't let myself take a nap or anything. I cleaned the kitchen and did laundry, worked on some Christmas gifts I'm making and tidied up a bit. Not enough to make a difference, but enough that I wouldn't fall over anything in case I walked down the hallway. : ) Steve had gone to Birmingham to see the UAB game with Anthony, and I had an exam I needed to study for, but since there is really no place for me to study without major distractions, I took myself to the Coffee Tree to study there. I have since decided that my friend who sings there, the one who invited me there and then ignored me for two hours, was no longer dead to me, PLUS, I figured that if he was still going to ignore me I'd get more studying done. Surprisingly enough, he didn't ignore me, I did actually get to study, and I had a great time. Bolstered by the largest latte I'd actually ever seen, I learned quite a bit about Roman structures and what they are used for. I also sang with Jason's band, uninvited, because I grabbed the drummer's maracas and played along with a few of their songs. Maracas, you say? Yep. Amazingly enough, they use some auxilliry percussion with some of their songs. I felt like the little tambourine girl from the Partridge family, but I didn't care. It was fun. Poor Steve got home from the ballgame feeling sick. I was cold from eating ice cream, so we couldn't tell if he had a fever. I tried using the ear thermometer thingie, but it was stuck on celcius, so we had no idea what his temperature was. :(

Sunday we woke up and Steve was still sick. I got ready for church and decided to wear my new tweed suit before I add all of the Space Camp stuff to it. I had already hemmed it (I had to cut 4 inches off of the skirt. Who do they make these things for?!) and when I put it on, I was once again assured that it was not my style. I looked like Daisy Duke had eaten Allie McBeal. Steve said I looked alright, though, so I didn't change. I was late getting to church because I had overslept, plus there was a horrible wreck on the road that I take to church. I tried to cut through the block of subdivisions nearby, but only ended up in a cul-de-sac and right back on the road I started out on. Luckily the clean up was almost done, so I was able to get around it. I did get there in time to do my secretary stuff, so it wasn't a big deal. It was kind of funny. A lot of people who saw me said I looked "so nice!" and "you look so pretty!" I'm not complaining, trust me, I don't get that very often.:) However, I couldn't figure out why I was getting all of these compliments until Matt, my dear friend Matt, who has the same problem as I do about foot in mouth issues, came up to me. He saw me and said "Wow, you don't look like yourself today." I explained about the suit and what I was going to use it for. I ended by saying "It's not really my style I guess." Matt said "No, it isn't! You look so modest and ladylike!"

Wow.

Since he didn't realize what he just said, I didn't mention it, but it took everything I had not to laugh. It's good to know somebody notices that I try to dress like the whore of Babylon on Sundays! I was beginning to think my efforts were in vain! :) I probably would have been insulted had he not been so simply honest about it, so it was more funny than anything. It was also the day we had the Lord's Supper. When I got passed the little plate of chicklet sized bread thingies, I don't know what happened, but I picked one up and smashed the thing to bits. It was like "HULK LOVE JESUS! HULK SMASH!" I had tiny bits of the body of Christ all over my lap. I'm glad we don't believe in transubstantiation. That would have probably pinched. I didn't think it was appropriate to brush communion wafers into the floor, so I picked the tiny pieces of unlevened bread off of my skirt and piled them onto the biggest piece I had left. I'm glad it took a few minutes before the preacher gave us the go ahead to eat it so that I could get it all.

Later that day, Steve was still sick and I had to study some more, so he slept while I had some quiet to write my preliminary essay about the Ara Pacis. Fun stuff...let me tell you!

When it was finally time to go to bed, Steve and I were lying there talking for a minute. I had my head on his leg and when I was moving to put my head on my pillow, I made a noise that made Steve think I was going to tickle him. I promise you, my hands never moved and I didn't have any intentions of actually tickling him, but he went into Arasha Cage Ninja mode and moved his arm to protect himself. When he did this, he elbowed me so hard in the back of the head that I saw stars. I had to lie there for a long time just holding my head to keep my brains in. I swear, little sparks of light danced in front of my eyes. He said I hurt his elbow and then I spent the next twenty minutes or so making him feel guilty for doing a wrestling moved to the back of my head. Then we both started laughing and couldn't stop. I have a big lump on the back of my head this morning, and Steve has a bruised elbow.

I'm going to have to start sleeping in a football helmet! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, you do post a lot of flashing-boobage stories, Lady Kelly. ;)
j/k
love,
amy