Tuesday, October 17, 2006

WELL, CRAP...

Yesterday when I got home, the friend I was talking about yesterday had written me an e-mail. Apparently when they got down to Miami, all of the organs she needed from her donor weren't viable, so the transplant surgery was a no go. So that sucks a lot, but at least she was put at the head of the list in case another donor with her match came available. The way the people drive in Miami, though, you wouldn't think she'd have to wait very long. She was back home yesterday aftrenoon.

For the love of PETE AND ALL OF HIS FAMILY...can't a sista get a liver?!

HOWEVER...

I got an e-mail from her again this morning saying that they got a call again at 5:00 this morning stating that another potential donor had become available and she and her mom had to go back to thte airport and fly back down to Miami again! So hopefully, as I type this, she's actually getting whatever she needs to have transplanted...planted.

May this be a reminder for all of us as to how important it is to be an organ donor! I mean, I hate the fact that someone has to kick it to provide someone else with an organ, but...geez.

No comments: