Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Yesterday I was being stalked by a giant praying mantis. I'm not exaggerating when I say giant because that thing was about 6 inches long. I have never seen a praying mantis that huge before and I honestly hope never to see another one.

As I've mentioned, because the air conditioner has been broken, we've been leaving the roof access doors open to let some air in. Luckily they come equipped with screened doors and mine just happened to be closed. I saw what I thought was a stick somehow caught on the screen door, but when I got close enough, it moved. I immediately got the heebs. I threw stuff at the screen and yelled at it to go away, but that didn't work. It just stood there, watching me. It hung around watching me for 4 hours. Nothing I could do or say would make it fly, or whatever praying manti do for transport, away. I finally had to close the glass door and tape up the opening where the lock would go (if I had one) because I felt that if somehow that thing got into the screen door around the edges and got into my office, I would die. I'd literally die. You could see it's PUPILS it was so big, and it followed me as I walked around the office because I'd be at my drafting table, and it would be looking in the window. I would go to my desk and it would climb back onto the screen door. Why is it when you finally realize you're scared to death of something, they seem to be EVERYWHERE!

I'm getting the creeps again just thinking about it. Bleh........*shudder*

No comments: