Tuesday, September 05, 2006

WEEKEND UPDATE!

I don't have very much to report for this weekend except that I slept the sleep of the damned. I have officially become like my dad an will fall asleep if I sit still long enough, no matter where I am! Ugh, horrible. Anyways, in between naps (and to be fair, after falling asleep at my desk on Friday - not underneath as I had mentioned that I might - Steve told me to sleep a lot during the weekend) I did manage to accomplish a few things.

FRIDAY!

Steve had planned to spend his holiday weekend with the family in Georgia, so when we got home from work, he packed up and headed on out the door. I was left alone, bereft of friends and loved ones. : ( Nah, actually, I was fine! I took a short nap and then decided that I was craving chinese food. The best chinese take-out place around here is located at the Parkway Place mall, so I combined my supper run with a little Christmas shopping. I was able to find my mother's gift with little to no problem and then went home with my food. While I was eating, I watched TV for a while and once again fell into a sodden and dreamless nap. It wasn't a very restful nap, I guess, because I woke up feeling like I had been drug about by a large cat while unconcious. However, I knew I couldn't just lie there like a sardine, so I got up and made myself fold some laundry. We had a lot of it to fold, so that kept me occupied for quite a while. After letting the dogs in, I ended up going to bed and falling asleep again.

Saturday I had attempted to sleep in a little, and I did for about an hour longer than normal. It's weird, I can fall asleep at night, but I wake up - wide awake for about two hours in the morning before falling back into the fuzzy world of fatigue all over again. Maybe I'm sleepwalking around the block at night... Eh, who knows?
I watched TV and folded more laundry and read some of "Emma" before falling asleep again! The day sort of went like that, over and over, until it was time for me to go to my parent's house. I was going to be staying with my brother while my parents went to their 40th class reunion (yikes)! Me and Tommy had a lovely time eating lasagna and watching TV. I managed to get him into his recliner at one point, and we were set! Logan was suppsed to have come and stayed with us as well, but I was totally stood up so that he could watch the PPV Alabama/Hawaii game. Somewhere deep inside, I have a feeling I should be offended at that! heeheehee. On my way home, I had to stop and get a Sun Drop to keep me awake long enough to drive. Of course, I shouldn't have done that because by the time I got home I was so wired that I couldn't sleep. Grrrrrr! However, once again, I finally slept.

Sunday was a Sunday with only a couple of changes. I went to church in the morning, but was too sleepy to make the drive out to Athens again. I had to stop and get some milk and stuff on my way home, so I had to defer my Sunday nap until 2:00. I slept for HOURS. I don't even really remember much else about Sunday to be honest.

Monday I had every intention to come to work and catch up on some stuff that I've let fall by the wayside since school has started. I woke up, wide awake, at 4:00 and by the time I would have had to leave for work, I was too tired. I did, however, make myself get up later and clean. I got quite a bit of stuff accomplished, even to running out for art supplies and making a pot of soup. I was more awake than I had been all weekend. Unfortunately that wind didn't hit until afternoon, but I took advantage of it! Steve finally got home at about 9:30 pm and he told me about his weekend. Sounds like he had a lot if fun! He even finally got to hear someone give directions by referencing the "Big Chicken" in Marietta. Good times.

Sorry for the abundance of naps that I spoke about in this entry. I've come to think of sleep like some kind of luxury I don't have the money to obtain! I don't sleep well at night and so I'm tired during the day. It's most heinous! However, I think it's the new medicine my doctor put me on that makes me feel like this, so I'm going to have to ask for a change if possible when I go back! Well, either that, or I've contracted the African Sleeping sickness. Either way...

No comments: