Thursday, September 14, 2006

We like the police. The police are our friends. We like the police. The police are our friends...

I'm going to have to keep repeating that to myself after this afternoon. You know how you can sometimes have a string of bad luck? Nothing bad, but just annoying more than anything? Well, that happened to me today.

It all started in my graphics class when I got claustrophobic. The teacher shut the door so that we could have a critique and I felt like the room ran out of air very fast. I had to run out into the hall for a few minutes so that I could breathe! It was embarrassing :( After class, I had to go to the gas station to fill up my car. Isn't it sad when $2.32 seems like a bargain? : ) I had the worst time trying to get the stupid pump to work, and then I was almost got clobbered by a Domino's pizza delivery man on my way out of the parking lot. I ended up having to drive the completly wrong way just to get onto the street, and then I ended up behind Mr. Magoo, who was driving all of 12 miles an hour while traffic piled up behind him. I was also lost, by the way. I stopped at a gas station I don't normally go to, so when I got turned around I lost my bearings. I finally got back on track and figured out which way to go, but I ended up having to enter SpRocket Center grounds by the back way, which leads you down a bumpy, 2 lane road that comes out next to the Mariott. I was already running late because of the getting lost debacle, so imagine my surprise when I came up on 2 cops in their cars, side by side, facing different directions and having a chat. So I slide up behind one of them, thinking that once they saw someone coming, they would move. Not so much. They just sat there. So I inched closer, hoping they'd move. Nothing. Then one of them sticks his hand out of the window and makes a "turn around" motion in my direction! There was no good reason for them to be sitting there like that and they are telling ME to turn around? It took all of my good breeding (ahem, shut up) not to stick my hand out of the window and make a few solid hand motions back at that cop! Grrrrrrrrrrr, that ticked me off. So I had to turn around (a 6 point turn in the space I had around me) and go back the way I came in and find another route into the Center. I was late getting back into work because of them. Hastareds!

Of course, looking at this in a different way, my life can't be all terrible if these are the things that I have to worry about!

No comments: