Friday, July 27, 2007

As hard as I've been fighting the urge to do it, I'm going to have to give the 5th Bless-Your-Heart award today. At least, I think it's the 5th. Could be the 6th...I've lost count.

Anyway! This award goes to another of our public figures out there who have been making a sad, sad, sad fool of themselves lately. I'm talking about your favorite white trash princess and mine...Britney Spears.

Seriously, I'm beginning to feel sorry for her. Part of me thinks that she is just being a lunatic for show and part of me thinks she may really be losing her mind. Granted, if I spent all of my time under the scrutiny of the press, I might go a little crazy too, but I'd at least make sure to both wear underwear and try to keep it out of sight. I also wish that people would just leave her alone. Even if she is perfectly sane, who could possibly be on their best behavior 24 hours a day? I'm sure you'd catch anyone doing something embarrassing if a picture of them is taken every 10 seconds! I don't even want to think about what I would be caught doing!

You know, I have an idea to get her all turned back around. I wish my mom could become her personal assistant. My mom the way she was when I was a teenager. She wouldn't put up with any of her foolishness! That young lady would be in by her curfew! She wouldn't smoke or do drugs because my mom would threaten to pinch her head "clean off!" Although I never found out for certain, I'm not sure that was an empty threat! She would also be stopped before going out the door if she were wearing anything questionable. There is nothing more terrifying than my mom saying "You aren't going to wear THAT are you? It makes you look *voice drops down to a whisper* like a hoooooooker!" I don't mean to make my mom sound mean or anything, because she is honestly not that way at all...but man, if anyone was born to be someone's mom, my mom was. Fear of her disapproval kept me out of trouble, I can promise you that! All mom would have to do is get pinched-up-lip-face, and Britney would be helpless.

So, all together now! BLESS HER HEART!

No comments: