Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Just to let you know, we finally did get our luggage back from the airlines. It was two days later, and everything was still there. For a day or two I was afraid that my snow globe might have violated some kind of law and they had to try and detonate the bags for safety reasons. Happily, that wasn't the case.

I decorated the lobby of the SpaceDome for the showing of Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix. According to everyone else, it looks great! I was glad to hear that because I am still not that confidant in my artistic abilities when I have to do things on a grand scale. It only took me two days to paint Hogwarts on the glass of the projection booth, but it looks a hundred percent better than the last painting I did on there. Also, my house banners and my Death Eater print kicks booty. I am going to post a picture soon and then you can tell me what you think. Even if you don't like it, you can tell me. : )
I did have one small accident while painting, though. I was exhausted and practically running on zero energy, but I was on a tight deadline so I couldn't slow down. I was going back to the storage room to wash out my brushes and I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing so I fell off of the steps and sprained my ankle pretty badly. My foot just rolled over and I landed right on my ankle. It made that "crunch" sound that is unmistakable. I also jammed both wrists and my right pinky finger when I hit the floor. Oh, and I hit my head on the air conditioning unit. : ) I just lay on the floor thinking that no one knew where I was, and I might have to lay there until morning. Luckily, I was able to get up and take stock and realized that I was okay. I jammed my foot back into my shoe, which had fallen off when I fell, so it could swell up inside of it and I wouldn't have to walk through the parking lot in my bare feet. I know I'm terribly clumsy, my sister used to tell me I could trip over a painted line, but I don't normally hurt myself when I fall. However, when I do hurt myself, I make up for all of the other times that I don't.
Anyways, come see Order of the Pheonix in IMAX. Then leave a comment card on how great the decorations look!

Well, I have some sad news. I'm going to be losing my best and very favorite Josh on Monday. He was accepted into the seminary and is going back to St. Louis for a week before he heads off to Colorado for his novitiate classes. I know, I know, I'm not really losing him, but let's be honest. He's going into the priesthood and he will be almost all the way across the country. By the time I see him again, everything is going to be different. I'm going to miss him. I hate it when people leave. Another picket gone, I guess. Well, at least he's going for good reasons. That isn't always the case. I'm very sad.
We are going to get one last fling before he leaves, though. A bunch of us will be going out on Saturday to say goodbye. I can't really decide what the best way to say goodbye to someone who is going into the priesthood, though. I have narrowed it down to two choices: 1) A day trip to Cullman to see the Ave Maria Grotto and then on to have orange rolls (drool, I've been craving them for months) at All Steak and then wind up the day having dinner at Red Robin. Or 2) Liquor and whores.

It's a toss up.

No comments: