Thursday, July 19, 2007

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) There is a fashion faux pas that has always troubled me and it has reared its ugly head again recently. I first noticed it in my latter years of high school, even though I’m sure it was around much longer than that, but I’ve never been able to understand it at all. Why do some women (because this is a faux pas specific to the XX chromosome pairing) feel that it is perfectly OK to wear a black and white dress/outfit and red shoes? I mean, I’d understand if it was a black-white-red combination, but that isn’t the case. It’s a black and white outfit, with nothing red about it, and red shoes. I just want to go over to them and shake them like a British nanny! I want to stand them in front of a mirror and go over their outfit piece by piece and point out that they just don’t match! Why? WHY? WHY DO YOU WEAR THE RED SHOES? FOR THE LOVE OF PETE AND HIS DOG BOBO, WHY? (pant, pant, pant) No, it’s okay. I just took one of my pills. I’ll be fine.

2) We had a marketing “retreat” yesterday at the apartment complex where our VP lives. It was a pool party type of thing, so of course you know I was thrilled. I’ll just lay it out flat for you here. I’m too self-conscious about how I look to wear a swimsuit at a pool. I love the water and I like to swim, but I don’t like getting half naked in front of a bunch of tall, skinny women. Weirdly enough, I can go to the beach in a swim suit with no problem, because no matter which beach you go to, there is always going to be someone who looks worse than you do. A 500 lb woman in a thong will show up and make you feel like a supermodel at a beach. Eh, it was no big deal except that they kept asking me why I didn’t bring my suit. I just made jokes until they left me alone about it. It was hot, though, so I almost just jumped into the pool fully clothed. I also had to get creative with my hair because it has gotten so long (it hits my shoulder blades now). I ended up with sort of loopy Princess Leia buns on each side of my head, which looked silly, but worked admirably. I hate summer. :P

3) The cinnamon rolls I made the other day were not a fluke! I attempted the recipe again to make orange rolls, and it worked again! It’s like, if you follow the directions, nothing catches on fire or doesn’t rise! I even took a picture of them as proof.









They were yummy. I just wish it didn’t take 4 hours to make them!

4) I miss Josh. : (

No comments: