Monday, December 24, 2007

Happy Christmas Eve!

May your days be merry and bright and all of that!

I've been baking for two days. I'm actually very tired of sugar right now. However, I have managed to bake and decorate my very first gingerbread people cookies! I took pictures, but I'll show them when I have more time. I've also learned to make vanilla butter cream icing from scratch and cookies from a recipe that Steve's grandma gave me a long time ago. I haven't been able to figure them out before. However, now I don't want to eat any of the things I've worked so hard on. The thought of it makes me gaggish. I just hope everyone else likes them!

We will spend the next two days with our families and other people who happen to be around.

To be honest, I'm not feeling very Christmassy this year. Oh well, I have faked it before and I can do it again! Don't worry, I'm not going to follow that up with "Bah Humbug." I like Christmas, I'm just not in the mood. I've learned too much about some unpleasant things in the past couple of days to make me feel very joyful. However, I'm determined not to bring anyone else into it with me! ONWARD TO THE JOY, PEOPLE! ONWARD!!!!!!!

No comments: