Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Baby, it's cold outside. Yikes! I just had to go out long enough to add some new decals to the gift shop entrance and my finger tips almost snapped off! OK, well, maybe not, but it's still cold. I wish the stupid weather would make up its mind, already. Oh well, at least I got to wear my favorite wool sweater and my socks with the individual toes. I love winter.

I have the first half of my birthday all planned out for tomorrow. I'm going to the Terrame spa and getting myself scrubbed, rubbed and polished. I have an appointment that starts at 9:30 tomorrow morning and goes until after 1:00, so let's hope it goes well. I'm still kind of wary about my personal space being invaded by someone I don't know, but I'm going to do it anyways. I've never had a manacure or a pedicure before. I hope they don't tickle my feet. I'll feel bad if I accidentally kick someone in the head. After that, I believe I will get some ice cream and then go home and take a nap. After that, I guess it'll be a surprise.

I can't believe I'll be 30 years old! I don't feel, nor act, 30. That's good, though. I hope I never feel as old as I really am. I used to think being 30 was so OLD, but now that I'm there...not so much. Good for me, I say!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was in such terrible denial about 30. The day before my birthday I kept telling myself "I'm still in my 20s... I'm still in my 20s...." But I've found my 30s to be pretty relaxing.

Anonymous said...

I felt so old at my thirtieth birthday I decided to color my hair and I've been a blonde ever since (thirty-eight more years!)

Anonymous said...

PS Happy Birthday. No card from me yet. I couldn't decide which of the two I bought to send.

Also I don't know how to get this thing to use my name, but you know who I am, don't you?

Ask Amy.

Greg said...

When you said that they were going to "scrub" and "polish" you, I had the mental image of you being the Tin Man and squeaking out the words "oil can".

I told Kristin you were turning 30. She was amazed. In our minds, you are always 26.

Good job on your PETA post. It's up there now.

Kenny said...

Thirty didn't hurt. The first time after that, when someone asked how old I was, and I had to stop and say 31 ... oh boy that stunk.

Kristin Puckett (Collins) said...

I just wrote you a really witty and long message. Then it just disappeared. So Happy Birthday! You would have really enjoyed my other post! : )

Anonymous said...

Mom.. select the option of name/url, then type your name.

Kelly, I had a present I was going to send yesterday because I thought you might be needing it, but I forgot. That's because I'm going to be officially and unescapedly in my MID-30s next month. I wil give it to you at Medieval Times. Huzzah!