Friday, February 22, 2008

You know, I was taught and I've always believed, that the idea behind the sacrament of communion is one of the more beautiful symbolic acts that Christians perform. I can understand how the idea of eating one's god may seem lurid and strange to those who either do not believe or who don't understand, though. However, as a Christian, I believe that the act of taking communion is not only a way to show faithfulness by following the examples of His apostles and by following His commands, but also a way to take within ourselves a symbol of His sacrifice as a way to remember what was done on our behalf.

However, I do not believe that - under any circumstances what so ever - that the idea of the body of Christ should bring to mind gooey, chocolatey, goodness.

This is wrong on SO many levels.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jesus on a stick again, I see.

Last year at Christmas, I saw a kit to make a gingerbread nativity scene.

Anonymous said...

BTW "Sweet Chocolate Jesus on a Stick!" sounds like a great exclamation.

Kenny said...

This would seem to follow with the wide chocolatey road of temptation, versus the narrow rice cake path of righteousness.

Tae said...

Kenny, you make an excellent point. However, to be fair, I'm pretty sure Jesus would choose chocolate over a rice cake.

I'm just sayin'...