Wednesday, February 06, 2008

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) Just when I thought it was safe to come back to work, I was requested to meet with a representative of the Aerospace department. I don't want to give you the idea that this department is a cess pool of blood-sucking, priority seeking, budget hogging, heiney smoochers or anything but, well, they kind of are. Maybe I'm just bitter at the moment because yesterday - Tuesday- I was taken on a walking tour of the entire SpRocket museum grounds starting from the very first sign you see as you drive in to the far reaches of the new building. Apparenly, none of these fine people realized ahead of time that a new building would need signs. Not just the signs that point people in the right direction, but signs for the restrooms, theaters, windows, exits and etc. I was literally walking around taking notes for hours yesterday. I spent more time with someone telling me what was needed than I got to spend in my office working. Now, making signs is my job, so it's not that I have a problem with what they want me to do. My problem is that they told me this yesterday and they want almost everything they requested by Thursday evening. They basically want me to completely re-outfit our center with new signs in two days. I am going to do the best I can, of course, because I need to find new ways of being awesome, but jeez. I hope you'll pardon me if I'm not thrilled about the amount of time that was given for the project. If anyone complains, I'm going to bite them.

2) I didn't vote yesterday. I know, I know, I know. One reason was that I was so busy, but the other reason is that I couldn't seem to find any information about the candidates that explained what their platforms are. All I have heard is some extremely biased information that I don't know actually has merit. I want to vote for the best person, but it's hard to do that when most of the information I've run across is either mud-slinging or extrememy partisan (is that the right word?) towards the candidate. Now that the field is narrowed down somewhat, I hope I can make a more informed decision when the time comes to vote for President. I don't like politics. I don't think I'm smart enough to understand it.

More later, I've got to get to work!

No comments: