Thursday, February 21, 2008

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) Yesterday, whatever germs that had invaded my body on Monday had declared all out war on me. Actually, it started the night before, and I couldn't sleep except in short bursts. I had to get up and go into the guest room and try and sleep so that I wouldn't keep Steve awake all night with my tossings and turnings. I wound up calling in sick, and I drugged myself on NyQuil so I could get some sleep. Normally NyQuil kicks my butt and I'm out for at least 12 hours at a time, but I only slept a little bit both times I took some. At any rate, I did spend a lot of time sleeping. I think it turned the trick, because I felt much better this morning. I'm not completely better, but at least I can breathe and my head doesn't feel like it's going to explode. So, you know, that's good.

2) I am so behind on my work that you wouldn't believe it. Hopefully, as soon as the warehouse guys send up my new materials, I can knock a few of these out. The COO of the SpRocket has decided that a great deal of new signs need to be made and hung up out in the park. Unfortunately, the new signs he wants me to make say the same things that the signs we already have out in the park already say, except that he wants us to hang them to the right and left of the signs already there. Did that make sense? I'm glad I have the job security, but I'm kind of embararssed at how junky the place is going to look when everything gets set up. Oy vey.

3) Guess where I'm going this Saturday? Amy, Jon and their kids are taking me to Medieval Times for my birthday! Until they told me differently, I didn't think that place was real. I thought it was a place made up for the movie "Cable Guy!" It should be fun! No birthday is complete without jousting, right? Hopefully I'll have pictures. :)

4) Have I mentioned lately about how much I love "Lost?" This season has been so much better than usual, so every episode actually makes a little more sense than the last. Well, as much as Lost ever makes sense, anyways. I hope that when the show finally ends, everything falls into place somehow. I don't think my mind could handle something ambiguous after all of the time I've spent watching it and trying to figure things out. Neither could some of the more...ahem...rabid fans out there. Some of those people scare me.

1 comment:

Kenny said...

Medieval Times!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNanOXLRfFQ