Thursday, February 21, 2008

You know, one of these days I'm going to have really great news about my family instead of things like this.

My mom found out yesterday that she might have breast cancer. She will have to wait until her test results come back to be certain, but her words were "They found something bad on my mammogram." That doesn't sound good to me. At any rate, I'd like to ask, again, for your prayers for my mom and the rest of my family. I'd like to say I've got peace about everything right now, but I'm kind of a mess. If it turns out my mom really does have cancer, I'm going to have to step up and be stronger than I think I'm going to be able to be. Everyone keeps telling me not to worry, but I am not built to react like that. Until I know one way or the other, I'm probably going to be freaking out. I'll try to do it quietly, though. Just forgive me if I seem a bit pre-occupied for a while.

So please, pray that my mom's tests will come back with good news. If for some reason they don't, please pray that we all get through it with a little grace.

Thanks.

No comments: