Tuesday, February 12, 2008

MORE RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) Did you know that Duck-Billed Platypusses are poisonus? I read an article on them a couple of days ago and it said that they have claws or spines on their back feet that will inject poison into you if they kick you with them. But, they're so cute! It isn't fair that they're dangerous! Not only that, but can you imagine if you got stuck by one and were lying in a hospital dying and someone asked what kind of dangerous animal attacked you and put you in this predicament? You'd have to tell them it was a platypus. How embarrassing. In case this ever happens to you, lie and tell them it was a rabid African Boomslang or something. Otherwise you'll always be remembered as the person murdered by one of these:


2) The other day I went into Victoria's Secret and saw this man and his wife walk in. I always think it's hilarious when men come into that store. Either they look WAY too interested in all of the frillies hanging around, or they turn red and bolt out of the door as quickly as possible. The man I saw did the latter. Poor guy. I almost don't like to go in there myself, though. It's not that I'm embarrassed by the underwear or anything, but it's impossible to find what you're looking for in there without tunneling through an untidy pile of ladies underpants. You'd think that with all of the labled drawers with sizes on them it would be easy, but no. Everything is mixed up, and Lord help you if you aren't paying attention to the lables and you buy the wrong size or whatever. And dont even get me started on what happens to the place when they have a sale. They might as well just toss out their little bins and throw everything in a big pile on the floor.

3) My youngest nephew, Seth, who is 9, shot his first deer last month! That is a huge deal for him because I don't think anyone expected him to hit anything, but he got it in one shot- right through the heart. Part of me is proud that he could do it, and part of me hates the fact that he killed something as pretty as that deer. They gave me and Steve some of the meat, but they showed me the pictures of the deer before I ever ate any of it. It was good, but I don't think I enjoyed it as much as I would have if I had never seen its face. I never would let myself get aquanted with any animal we were going to eat, but I accidentally became friends with a pig my family was raising. I named it and everything. Needless to say, I didn't eat any of the pork we got from it. It's not that I'm against eating animals, hunting, or even raising animals for food, but I like my food to be anonymous, thanks. :)

4) Speaking of that, sort of, PETA members are insane. My cousin Greg works for Tyson (you know, the chicken people) and an undercover member of PETA got a job in his plant and made a video of the slaughtering process. Apparently the man edited the video he made and completely misrepresented the company's activities which caused at least two people to get fired. On PETA's website, there was a section about the video and the people who wrote in comments about it sounded literally crazy. Not one of them seemed to care that two people were fired because of what they did, but they all seemed to be in agreement that Tyson and it's employees should die and go straight to hell. I think that's a bit...uh...excessive. They allege that Tyson is inhumane to the chickens when they slaughter them. Well, besides the fact that there is basically no nice or comfortable way to kill anything, the company has strict guidelines that they have to follow to process the animals in the first place, so the process is as humane as it can be anyways. I suggest that we all go get a big bucket of KFC to protest PETA!

No comments: