Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I was talking to a friend of mine a few days ago about the effects of marajuana on a person. I have never tried it myself, but this friend is well aquainted with ol' Mary Jane. Apparently it just makes you giggle a lot and get hungry. Well, unless you get too much, and then you might spend an hour hiding behind a stand of bushes thinking that a cop is shining a flashlight around before realizing it's just a street lamp. Nice.

That talk made me remember this guy I had a class with the first year I was in college. He was always high. He came to class with an almost visible cloud of pot smoke hovering around him, kind of like Pig Pen from the Peanuts comic. He was a nice, if completely spaced out, guy. I guess he took a fancy to me because one day in the middle of a conversation he said "Yeah...you know what? We need to go out. We need to go out and get a salad. Yeah." Wow. I think I invented an imaginary boyfriend to disuade him from asking me out again. Even if his action was completely platonic in nature, I didn't want to wind up riding in a car with him and possibly being charged with possesion of something illegal. If sitting next to him in class could almost give me a contact high, I can't imagine what would happen if I got into his car.

In fact, I remember I had quite a few friends in college that kept wanting to give me drugs. Maybe I come across as someone who partakes in controlled substances. A guy at UAH told me he could make me some killer diet pills. He started telling me what was in them, and when he got to the secret ingredient of fiber glass, I demurred. Not that I was planning on taking any kind of drug he offered, but I was curious as to how someone MAKES a diet pill. That dude was a little scary.

Hmmmm...this suddenly makes me wonder what it is about me that attracts these kind of people.

No comments: