Wednesday, April 16, 2008

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) On the battlefront: Ant numbers seem to be thinning. Group of insurgents attacked yesterday, but were dispatched with extreme prejudice. Must find infiltration point and seal it off. When will the madness end?!

2) I have "Me & Mrs. Jones" in my head again this morning. I'm hoping to nip this in the bud before it mutates. I haven't even heard that song in forever, so I'm not sure where it came from! BOO!

3) Saw Juno last night! It was a really good movie. Granted, it was a wee bit pretentious in some indefinable way, but not so much that I was sickened by it. It gets the official "Kelly Seal of Approval." Go watch it, why don't you?

4) I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

5)I bought a pack of lollipops from a new company in California called "Lollyphile." You guys know how I am about wanting to try odd flavored things, so I couldn't resist. They are still a fairly new company, so they only have two flavors as of now: Absinthe and Maple Bacon. My last foray into bacon-flavored candy ended in tears and tragedy, so I chose the Absinthe ones. Since it has once again become legal in America, the candy is actually made with the real stuff and not just flavored like it. All embarrassing, gothy pretense aside, I've always been curious what it tasted like, so I couldn't resist. Absinthe tastes like licorice. Like strong, black, licorice. Licorice that would rise up and beat the righteous crap out of you if you sat in its seat in the lunchroom. As I have just formed an appreciation for the candy, I am enjoying the lollipops a great deal. They do make the tongue go a bit numb, but it's not too bad. I don't think I could ever drink the actual absinthe, though. It would just be too much.

More later...

4 comments:

Roy O'Dowd said...

Started seeing ants in my shower this morning. As dirty as it is, I've never had ants before. I blame you.

Anonymous said...

I have to get some of those lollipops. I also want to get some of the beverage.

Anonymous said...

I just don't think I could get behind any candy that has "bacon" in it's name...

Kenny said...

http://tinyurl.com/4zko2s

Ordering something from some place called Lolliphile probably puts you on so many mailing and watch lists as to be humorous.