Monday, April 07, 2008

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) Apparently I'm one of the few people who have ever had the discussion about what kind of car Jesus and God would drive. I prefer to think that the old testament God would drive a Harley, possibly wear wrap around sunglasses and have a tattoo. I always pictured Jesus driving a Prius or some kind of Earth friendly hatch back, possibly in the color green. However, our associate pastor's son (who is probably 9 or 10, maybe younger) said he thought Jesus would drive a yellow Ford Mustang. He kind of has a point. Jesus could drive a 'Stang if he wanted to. I mean, if he could turn water into wine, it's not too much of a stretch to think he could turn his car exhaust into kittens or something equally as non polluting.

2) My mom is getting married. It wasn't an April Fool's joke after all. I'm not going to discuss it right now because I'm not happy about it. My reasons for this are multi-faceted and complicated, so once I sort them out, I'll talk about them more. Just wanted to put it out there.

3) I want to go somewhere, just for fun. Someplace where I don't have to think very much and I can shop or sit on the beach, or walk in the mountains. I want to go someplace that isn't here, but for fun. This weekend I text messaged Kenny - who was vacationing in Savannah - and asked him to go out and have fun on my behalf. I shouldn't have to get other people to do this for me, you know? If Steve can't get away from work, I'll just have to go on my own. I'm getting desperate for a change of scenery.

4) Speaking of travelling, it's been a little over a year since my terrible experience with US Airlines and getting stuck in Charlotte while trying to get down to Miami to visit Sara (hey, Girl!) I still haven't forgiven you, US Air. Don't think I've forgotten about you.

5) I had to take some decided action about the ants in the bathroom. The problem has begun to get worse. Still, the ants aren't swarming, but they are THERE, gosh darn it! I went out and bought ant bait and placed one squarely in the center of my bath tub. I also got the super-duper bug spray and sprayed all around the base-boards as well as all around the inside of the bath tub walls. Don't worry, I'm using *shudder* Steve's shower until we get this taken care of. I kind of felt guilty about going the Jim Jones rout on the ants by giving them the poison bait. I mean, how would I feel if I came upon an open box of Godiva and found out after I ate it that it was poison? I've never had any Buddhist sensibilities before, but it just didn't seem...sporting. The actual bug spray doesn't bother me as much, because I see it as more of a deterrent than a killer. If they crawl along a poisoned floor and then lick their feet, it's their fault. However, when I went to check and see if the bugs were still in the tub, I thought that they had finally gotten the hint that they weren't welcome. Not so much. I looked up, and the little hastared things were on the ceiling instead. I think they are sentient. I'm scared. :(

6) Greek yogurt is farking delicious.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The ants could bite you. I don't know if ants carry any diseases, but why take chances? I don't like killing things either, but I take a "me or them" philosophy with most house bugs.
TAKE ME WITH YOU! Let's go somewhere. Key West. Something. I spent a couple of hours yesterday daydreaming about taking some short getaway somewhere. Let's go!

Kenny said...

I say break out the vacuum cleaner and put on the attachments attachment and vrrrrrrup!