Wednesday, April 30, 2008

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) Yark. It's Marketing Department meeting day at the SpRocket. I still don't know what they need me in there for unless it's for comic relief. Granted, I am funny (usually inappropriately so) but I also think I have a few good ideas. I tried to give my opinion about something they were all talking about a few meetings ago and the PR manager stopped me and told me how good my hair looked. Far be it from me to stop someone who wants to compliment me, but that was just a little insulting.

I don't mean to say I don't like the people I work with. Quite the opposite, actually, but it's frustrating when they act like I'm a 4 year old on Bring-Your-Daughter-To-Work-Day. It's even more frustrating when I mention an idea and they ignore it, but then a month later someone else mentions it and it becomes this wonderful idea to them. I suppose it's just difficult for them to realize that even with my stunning beauty, I also have brains. ; )

2) Just FYI to everyone who was concerned, Sara is back home from Miami! YAY, SARA! Glad you're feeling better!

3) Also, congratulations to Amy (awesome cousin and soul sista) who finished her project!

4) I talked to Josh last night for a few minutes! I still miss him terribly. I'm also kind of a friend-by-proxy to his awesome fellow novice, Luke, who I also talked to for a moment. They were teasing me about the way my mother used to answer the phone when Josh would call me from France while he was teaching there. With the time difference, he was calling me during his afternoon, but over here it was about 6:00 a.m. You've kind of got to know my mom's voice to understand, but it was like this: "Uh, hellooooooo? Oh, OK, hold on." Then she would bring me the phone and whisper "Ke-ully, wake up. It's Josh. I think he's calling from Frayunce." Every time. Priceless. Josh also told me to do this: "Pray to the Blessed Juan Macias, to pray to the baby Jesus, to release the souls from purgatory, so they can make room for me." I still don't know what that means, but I have it written down on a Rolodex card and sitting by my computer at home. I think he only wants me to remember it so that I can say it in my Latina accent. I'm not sure why I can't just pray to Jesus directly in this matter, but who am I to ask these deep theological questions?

5) Now that I can sort of taste again, I've been eating my new candies and most of them are really good. I did, however, eat a piece that was Sage flavored. It wasn't terrible, but it was weird. I ordered these from a place called Artisan Sweets, which sells all kinds of interesting things. In addition to the hard candies, I got something called Pates de fruits (which are good, but they are basically rectangular gum drops, and I also got some fancy sugars to cook with. I suppose you can tell that my sweet tooth goes way beyond chocolate these days. It's a guilty pleasure. :(

6) Steve has been getting episodes of Enterprise through Netflix lately. As much as I've always loved Star Trek, I never saw any of this show until now. It's actually pretty good! It makes me sad that I didn't watch it while it was on. At least it isn't Stargate.

3 comments:

Kenny said...

It was your organs that did it!

Anonymous said...

I miss the twitters.

Anonymous said...

I like the twitters. I started to make a twitter account a long time ago, as in maybe a couple of months ago. That's a long time in dog months. Or something.
Some of my friends on LJ have some kind of condensed feed of their daily Twitter posts. I think it works automagically.
Yay! Thanks for the shoutout! I can't get used to the idea that I don't have it hanging over me anymore.
I loved those absinthe lollipops btw. The bacon, ehh, you weren't missing anything. They weren't bad. Just meh.