Tuesday, April 29, 2008

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) Note to self: Change iChat icon into something that doesn't look so much like the hard drive icon. I should have never changed them into DHARMA Initiative symbols. Don't worry, my iChat doesn't have hiccups, but if you ever see me flash on and then flash off again, you know I still haven't changed my icons. Could I do it right now while I'm thinking about it? Sure. I'm not going to, though. Not until I find something I like as much as my DHARMA stuff!

2) In case you are wondering, the "Ranty Things" entry into my blog wasn't addressed to anyone who reads my blog. It actually wasn't addressed to anyone in particular. Please don't feel abused. :)

3) Hydro DP Syrup is AWESOME cough medicine. YAY! Of course, it makes me feel all warm and floaty, but who doesn't want to feel warm and floaty now and again?

4) I have been making the same two signs for this one department over and over and over again. Last week I started from scratch and I was so careful not to screw anything up. It literally took me hours to get them completed because I had to re-cut the plastic by hand, sand down the edges, assemble the signs, file down any loose ends until they were all flush, and I even trimmed all of the places where I left scratchy, plastic edges (which I never do.) I sent off these pristine signs to the department that had requested them with a wave of the hand and a sigh of relief. Wouldn't you know it, however...I just got an e-mail back from them asking for two new do-overs because one was scratched and the letters weren't perfectly even (which is because they were painted on rather than vinyl because I ran out of white vinyl the second time they asked for the signs. I have to re-order more vinyl and re-cut a whole new sign to make up for the one that is scratched. BOO! If they don't like the new ones, I'm just going to take a Sharpie up to their door and write the name directly onto it. That'll learn 'em!

No comments: