Monday, October 17, 2005

Prepare to be amazed...

I actually went out and did something social on friday night! Anthony H. had a birthday on the 13th, so a bunch of us went out to Silver Point in Madison and had dinner. I swear, that was the first time in so long I'd been out of the house that I almost didn't know how to act. : ) We had a nice time, but I was so tired by the time we went home that I just went to sleep. I am a party animal!!!

Saturday I worked again. Apparently my customer service skills are in high demand! Heeheehee. Actually, customer service is still really understaffed, and they needed someone to smile and put armbands on the guests. You would be proud of me, there was absolutely no people I stared at! In fact, I was a little bored, but I was getting paid, so I can't complain too much. After work I went home and started working on my research paper. I didn't get any of the actual paper written, but I started getting my information amassed, and that will be very healpful. I finally got my angle for the paper, so I will be writing about *fanfare* The Last Judgement Fresco of the Arena Chapel in Padua, and the affects of Scrovegni's religious and political connections on the work and artist, Giotto. Well, I'm sure I'll think of a better title, but that's what it will be about. Sounds exciting, huh? Steve was gone to a cornfield maze with our church class, so I had several hours of blessed silence in which to research. It was kind of depressing! At any rate, at least I'm on my way to getting started writing it. I will be so glad when it's over. That night I started getting sick, and I haven't felt well since. Can someone please explain to me why you have allergy problems in the fall? Everything is dying, not blooming! This used to happen to be a lot when I was younger, but it was always a bad cough and nothing else. Now my head is all stopped up, my nose is running, and I want to sleep all of the time. I probably looked drugged at church Sunday morning! : ) Well, gotta keep the other Baptists guessing, right? : )

Everyone keeps saying that they never see me anymore, and I didn't realize how true it was until yesterday. I've sequestered myself in the house every night to work on homework and I haven't gone to church at night in a month or more so I can have that extra time to study. You'd think my grades would be better...

I have a favor to ask you. If you see me toting around one of those purses that are covered in those big, round, sequins - just shoot me where I stand. Yuck.

Steve and I have noticed that 80's styles are in style again. It was bad back in the 80's, why do they want to bring it back? I just-JUST got my hairstyling time down to 10 minutes in the morning! I can't go back to the "Mall-Hair" days...I just can't! I'm also not giving up my flaired jeans and I will not buy anything florescent. I refuse.

No comments: