Tuesday, October 25, 2005

You know, I love being an art student. I love the creative process, knowing how to translate something into a new medium, and being able to make something that is worth hanging on someone's refridgerator. I do not love, however, the way my hands look after making something. Right now, I look less like an artist and more like an auto mechanic who needs to wash her hands. I worked in the lithography studio last night to catch up with where I'm supposed to be, and I got really messy. I bet the people at work think I don't ever wash my hands! It's hard to look ladylike with black ink under my fingernails. Oh well, I don't think I've ever been accused of being ladylike anyway. : )

It's cool outside! Yay! I finally got to wear my mee-maw sweater and my long stripey socks. Besides the fact that I hate being hot, I think I like cold weather better because of the clothes. You can keep adding and layering and covering up when you're cold, but when you're hot, you can only take off so much before the neighbors call the police.

I got an e-mail today with the subject title "One Word" and it asked for me, and the million other people it was sent to, to send back one word to describe the sender. That one was hard for me. I'm not a girl of few words, so after some thought, I was able to narrow it down to two that I thought fit. I should send that one to Steve. He can carry on whole conversations by only saying one word as an answer to whatever questions you ask. : ) I think I need to take a few lessons from him.

No comments: