Friday, May 26, 2006

The Blackbird is done. Thank goodness.

We finished the main graphics this morning, and I couldn't be more glad! After three days of climbing on that thing, the novelty wore off QUICKLY!. We worked on it yesterday morning and it was really frustrating. We came in at 7:00 and by 9:00, the plane was so hot and the air so humid that the vinyl wouldn't stick to it. It put me in a bad mood to keep having to stick and restick the stupied things down! Ack! However, all is alright with the world now. I shouldn't have to climb back on that thing for at least another year...and hopefully not even that. I found out this morning that even though the Air Force donated the plane to the Center, they will not give us any of the information on restoring it! They complain when it looks bad, but they don't want to do anything to help us fix it. Anyways, drive by the center and look at it! It looks nice! : )

Last night I had quite the adventure. I had just finished dinner when the phone rings. I didn't answer because I didn't recognize the name on caller ID, so I waited for the machine to pick up. I heard josh on the other end, sounding pitiful. So I answered and he told me that he had locked himself out of his house! His mother, who is number one on his "key" list, wasn't available to come and let him in, so I drove Lois out there and let him in! His oven was on and everything. Apparently his lock is fairly easy to turn, so when he let himself out of his kitchen to go onto the back porch, his hand brushed up against the turny thing and it locked him out. He had to wait 45 minutes before I could get over there. Thank goodness he hadn't put his food in the oven before he did that. So, no harm, no foul.

Since I was already in Madison, and it was so close to my parent's house, I drove to beat the sun so that I could show them the new car. They were duly impressed. When I left there, I drove towards Athens so that I could drive past my former FFA teacher's house. Every since I got my license, it's traditional for me to blow my horn when I go by, starting at the street before their house and not stopping until I pass the woods. I always have to christen my different cars by doing that. I'm sure he appreciates it! : ) After that I turned back towards home. When I stopped to get gas, I pulled the top up, but apparently I didn't get one side hooked down. When I drove off, I heard air coming in, and the top started filling with air and lifting up! I had to grab it and stop on the side of the road to fix it before going any further. All I could see in my head was the top filling with air and ripping off as I drove home. Then, of course, Steve would have beaten me with a windshield wiper or something. I'm so glad I didn't break the car! : )

No comments: