Thursday, May 18, 2006

I've noticed an alarming trend beginning lately.

I know that sometimes we all like to be comfortable. We like to dress as if we could head home, slip off our shoes and crawl into bed without bothering to change and not waking up with the indentions of jeans rivets in our flesh. However, I am going to have to put my foot down about this.

Leggings.

Sorry folks, but these are not cute. They weren't cute when I wore them in 1991, in the seventh grade, with my black and white baby-doll dress and big, wide headband. They were not cute in the eighties. They shouldn't be worn as going out to dinner pants. If you must own a pair of leggings (which I do, but let me finish) wear them and wear them ONLY, if you are sleeping in them, working out or doing yoga. This is the only time that leggings will be acceptable. If we start wearing leggings, it begins the slippery slope back to stirrup pants, and NOBODY wants that to happen again. No One.

Thank you and good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Saw Lindsey Lohan wearing them the other day with an otherwise cute white minidress. Sigh. Personally, I don't mind leggings if they can be tucked into boots and sort of look like tights. If you can see where the leggings end at the ankle, then no.