Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Steve is making me watch the season finale of American Idol. I normally will not watch this show because it honestly makes me physically ill. It's not because I object to the premise of the show, I think it's great, but it makes me sad for the people who get on there that can't sing, but have no idea that they can't sing. I know that a great deal of the really bad singers only go on that show to be on TV, and I'm sure they think it's great when they get made fun of and everything, but it's the people who really and truly believe that they can sing that tears my heart out.

See, I love to sing more than anything else I can do. I would absolutely love to be on a show like American Idol, but let's face it, I'm too much of a coward to ever audition. My biggest fear would be to get in front of the judges and sing and think I did a great job, but be told I sucked. No matter how many people have ever told me I was good, I always get the feeling that they are just being nice! That's kind of pathetic, I know, but I can't help it. I would probably never sing again because it would make me feel horrible. So I have all of this empathy for these people I don't know because I know they probably went home feeling terrible because of how they were treated!

I can't believe he's making me watch this!

No comments: