Monday, May 01, 2006

One Down, One To Go.

Indeed, folks, I turned in my final project for ARS 431 today! Woo-Hoo! I finished it at about 9:30 last night, for better or for worse. Now I have to get busy studying for my final exam in history. If I weren't so tired, I'd do a happy dance! Go me!

WEEKEND UPDATE!

Friday night was a low key dinner with Anthony at Moe's. We had never been there before, but it was pretty good. It was one of those build-your-own-burritto places. I forgot to tell them to leave off the tomatoes (yuck) and so I spent most of my time digging them out before I would take bites. It was a tedious process! Afterwards we went to Books-A-Million and goofed around. Poor Josh was going to come with us that night but he called and said his tranmission had comitted suicide. He drives the Chick Magnet (Eclipse) and has had nothing but grief from the day he bought it. He told Steve that he was going to go with American cars from now on! Steve had to be the one to break it to him that most of his car was already made in America. Heeheheee.

Saturday morning I woke up feeling horrible. Apparently, I have become immune to my normal allergy meds. However, I had a full day already planned and I wasn't going to cancel anything! I was determined! So I medicated myself liberally and drove down to Cullman where I met Kenny and Lauren for lunch. It was the first time I had ever gotten to meet Lauren, and we had a great time. : ) We ate, made fun of mullets, teased Kenny about the lady who kept staring at him, and made food sculpture! We sat and talked for so long that the poor lady who waited on our table had to come and ask if we could please pay our check so that she could go home. Oops! I kind of hate that I was fuzzy on allergy medicine, because I'm usually much more fun than I was on Saturday. I"m beginning to think that drugging me a little before I meet someone for the first time may not be such a bad idea, for them. That way, they can get used to me before I behave normally. Anyways, (because I know she will read this eventually) SORRY ABOUT THAT! Kenny was charming, as usual. I gave him his graduation gifts, amid the reminders that I don't have to do that. I had to remind him that I'm going to do it regardless, so there!
We found out that Elvis is alive and living in Cullman. We ate at the table next to him! I also found out that Yankee Candles do indeed come from up north (I asked a real, live, yankee!) and I was able to say Massachusetts on the first try! All in all, it was a good afternoon. Oh! I almost forgot! During lunch I realized that I had been able to make it through a whole meal without once using my Pamplemousse Perez accent and I was so proud. I was in the car, just about the shut the door when I heard Kenny call to me across the parking lot. When I climbed out of Rudolph, I was then asked to do the voice! So much for being on my best behavior! ; )
By the time I actually did get on the road home, my medicine was messing with my head and I honestly don't remember large chunks of the ride back! I was in Huntsville in what seemed like 15 minutes, but I knew that couldn't have been the case because my CD had cycled all the way through and then some. Since I still had someplace to be that night, when I got home I just lay down and went to sleep for a while.

Saturday night (even though I didn't want to wake up after my nap) I went to the Coffee Tree again to hear my friend's band, but this time there was an added bonus: Mr. Harris, my very favorite teacher ever, father of Jason, and my former FFA advisor, was coming to hear Jason perform a song Mr. Harris had written! I was so excited. It had been a long time since I had gotten to talk to Mr. Harris and I had always liked him so much, I couldn't pass up an oppourtunity to see him again. I also got to meet most of his family that night. The song that Mr. Harris had written was about his recently deceased father, and everyone wanted to be there to hear it. For a little while I thought I must've met these people before. I did date Jason for 2 years or so. They all talked to me like they knew me, but when I asked later, it was confirmed that I had never met any of them. They were just really nice. : ) I also realized something about Jason's band that night. Every time I've been there to hear them, they play the song "Trashy Women", which is a country song I remember being popular when I was in high school. I realized, due to the fact Jason said so, that they play that song in my honor due to the lyrics: "You should've seen looks on the faces of my dad and mom, when I showed up at the door with my date for the senior prom." If you aren't familliar with the song, it goes on to say she was a cocktail waitress in a dolly parton wig and to extoll her desirable trashyness. I am not really sure if I am honored or not. I can say with conviction that I was NOT a cocktail waitress at the time of said Senior Prom! Whether or not I was trashy...well, I'll just have to hope not! : ) By the time I got home, I was exhausted.

Sunday I woke up dreading the fact that I had to sing that morning. I still wasn't feeling well and I was afraid my voice would go completely crazy while trying to sing. However, the minister of music forgot that he had asked me to sing and scheduled another lady to do it. I wasn't too disappointed! : ) After church, we went to my parent's house (Mr. Lee came along despite his own allergy problems) and had lunch. While looking for an old scrapbook of mine, I came across an old box full of junk, letters and cards from years ago. I had forgotten I had a band letter! I also found letters from an old friend of mine who was at Auburn for his first semester in college. You know, he used to get bored enough to write me without me having to send him a letter first! *ahem youknowwhoyouare!* ; ) After we dropped Mr. Lee off, we went home and I finished up my final project and Steve and I ended the day with two new episodes of Dr. Who!

Good Times, Noodle Salad.

No comments: