Monday, May 08, 2006

WEEKEND UPDATE!

Good Monday, everyone! I hope you are all wearing your good-luck, red underwear today!

I had a very lovely weekend. I was going to post some pictures, but I realized I had the wrong cord to transfer my images into my work computer, so forgive me if I post those later.

FRIDAY was a super long day! As I mentioned, I had to redo the welcome sign in the front of the museum, so that's pretty much all I did that day. I had no idea it would take me that long to get the old letters off and put the new letters on. It had finally stopped raining, but it was still chilly and damp outside when I started working. I had to use a razor blade to scrape the old vinyl lettering off of the sign and because the letters had been on for so long, they were baked onto the metal. Because the handle to the razor scraper was long gone, I ended up cutting myself on the bare blade, so that was fun. It took me about 5 hours to get the thing almost done. About the time I was able to get the last decal in position to stick it on, some school group of little kids ended up coming to where I was and using me and my sign as "base" in a game of tag. Apparently the adults in the group decided that they did not need to tell these kids that they should stop doing that, so the sign was getting bumped from behind and they knocked some of my tools around. I was so angry. Please understand that it wasn't as if the adults didn't see this happening, they just weren't stopping it. I ended up getting the decal crooked and had to rip it off of the sign and run inside and make another one. I think when they saw me having to do that, they got control of the kids. Wow, you guys, thanks. :P
After finally getting that sign done, I went home at 4:00 because we were going to visit the Pucketts and McGees in Waleska. Steve, Josh and I got on the road at about 6:30 or so and drove out there. We ended up getting there kind of late, but we had dinner and talked with Amy, Jon and their daughter, Katie until we couldn't stay awake anymore. :)

SATURDAY everyone else was going to Six Flags, but as we all know I don't care for amusement parks, so I had plans to visit with Aunt Brenda and Uncle Garry for the day. Amy, Josh and Steve ended up getting a late start because of a misunderstood phone message, so Katie and I got dropped off at about 10:00 am. We had a very good time. Aunt Brenda and I looked through a box of old pictures, then we all went on an adventure down to their creek so that I could take some pictures. We ended up staying outside for a long time and I had forgotten how much I like to explore. Poor Katie lost one of her flip-flops in the creek, so we watched it sail down the creek until it disappeared. We were all filthy by the time we got back, so we showered and sat back to relax a while. I had my art stuff with me, so I drew while everyone watched TV and played with dolls. It was kind of late when Steve, Amy, and Josh got back. Apparently Steve missed a turn, so they ended up in another town! They had a great time at Six Flags and they were all very excited about the new roller coaster, Goliath (?). They had bought the picture of them that was taken when they were coming around a turn, and it is priceless! I'll have to scan and post that one as soon as I can. Steve had his eyes closed and his tounge sticking out, Amy looked like her hair was about to take off, Jon seemed to be laughing and falling out of the seat at the same time, and Josh had his hands up over his head, and his shirt was filled with air, so he looked like the Sta-Puft marshmallow man! We were all so tired by the time we got back to Amy's house that we only talked for a little while before we fell asleep.

SUNDAY Jon made us breakfast and we ate together, and then Steve, Josh and I went back to Aunt Brenda's house to look at the pictures of Rhonda that we had found. After that, we went to see Greg and Kristin's new baby, Collins Roy Puckett. He is so sweet and very tiny! He wasn't even a week old. I was still too scared to hold him, but Steve wasn't, so I got to get a good look at him at least.

We headed home at around 3:00, I think. I started getting queazy from riding in the back seat, so I took some Dramamine and it knocked me out! I woke up with the buckle of my bag pressed into my face! I was only glad that I didn't drool all over the place in the meantime. : ) Steve and I didn't get home until about 7:30 or 8:00 last night, so we just relaxed.

It was a great weekend!

No comments: