Tuesday, May 30, 2006

WEEKEND UPDATE! MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND EDITION

Greetings folks. This is Kelly Pratt, your Weekend Edition correspondant, coming to you live from my desk at work! Aren't you excited?

Friday night wasn't that spectacular. I say that because I have no idea what I did that night. I want to say that I came home from work and played The Sims 2, but I'm pretty sure I did other things as well. So if Steve and I spent Friday night having dinner with you or something, don't be offended. I'm sure it wasn't because you were boring or anything. It was probably because I had so much fun that my mind had to blank it out so that I don't spend the days longing for those moments to return.

Saturday was a lovely day of rest and procrastination. I know for a fact that I woke up fairly early and let the dogs out. Steve had to run to the old building that he worked in to let some moving guys in and he talked me into riding along with him. I took my crochet work with me because I had no idea how long we would have to wait for the movers. Let me just go ahead and say that it's virtually impossible to crochet while riding in a convertable with the top down. Picture about 7 yards of string whipping about you and wrapping around your head. After he let the movers in, we left to get breafast and to enjoy driving around while it was still nice enough to keep the top down. We drove to the mountain and took the senic route. I found out there is a whole other historical neighborhood up there I didn't know existed! It was so beautiful that I wanted to jump out and take pictures, but since I didn't have my camera with me, I couldn't do it. :( We spent the rest of the daytime alternating naps, playing computer games, going to Wal-Mart, and watching TV. I'm sure Steve loved it because he gets pulled in a hundred different directions by everyone on a daily basis, so he needed a rest. That evening, Steve had made plans with some friends to go see X3 or whatever the new X-Men movie is called. I had made other plans a week before, and if you read the post before this one, you can see how much fun I had!

As an addendum to that post, I am going to say that although there was a small bit of hurt and irritation involved, I thought about it and mostly I was just MAD. I kept thinking that I should have been feeling jealous (which was weird, but if you've ever anticipated feeling something because it just felt like the right time to feel that way, you know what I mean), but jealousy never even entered the picture. I was just plain mad. OK, I know it probably sounds trite for me to complain about someone not paying attention to me, but let me defend myself. I was invited to hang out with this person. It wasn't as if I showed up unannounced and expected to be the center of attention. A gentleman (which the world is far less full of than I thought) maybe would have even introduced me to these people and included me in the conversation instead of leaving me completely by myself, seeing that I was asked to be there. There is such a thing as simple, common courtesy. It was not shown to me that evening. At any rate, I'm not mad anymore. Mainly at this point I'm just amazed that a man who is older than I am STILL hasn't learned manners. Geez!

Sunday was church and lunch with my parents. I took mom and dad for a drive in the car with the top down. They really liked it, but mom's hair took the brunt of the punishment that comes with riding in the back seat! I was scheduled to sing at church that night, and I did. I sang, "I Can Only Imagine". I love that song! After church we went to dinner with Mr. Lee and afterwards went back to Wal-Mart for things we forgot to get the day before! It was a lovely day.

Monday was supposed to be another resting day, but Steve and his dad did yard work. I would love to say that I also worked hard out in the sun and heat, but it would be a lie. I stayed in the house except when I went out to go shopping. When it got too hot to work outside anymore, Mr. Lee went home and Steve and I fell asleep. That evening, we were invited to a cookout at Josh's house. I helped him cook the inside stuff (apparently all of the men in my life feel that letting me cook over actual fire is just a disaster waiting to happen) while Josh did the man cooking outside. I somehow destroyed a pot of macaroni and cheese. Don't get me wrong, I didn't burn it or anything. I followed the directions to the letter! It didn't even taste bad. However, the pasta lost it's original molecular structure and fell apart into little shreads. Weirdness. At any rate, we spent dinner talking about old times when we all first started working at the Sprocket, which is where we all met each other. After dinner I ended up bringing a sizable chunk of Josh's library home to read. I've already got three novels going at home, the book depends of which room I'm in at the time, so I have no idea when I'm going to get to the books I got from Josh. Oy.

Ahhh. Good times (shreaded) noodle salad.

This has been Kelly Pratt reporting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. Keep it that way.