Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I sneaked out of the house last night when Steve was asleep and took the car for a test drive. I probably wouldn't have had to sneak, but it was more fun to think of it that way. I just wanted to get a feel for it since I was going to get to drive it today, so I drove about 5 miles to the Target shopping center. Since it was a nice night, and I had never driven a convertible before, I pulled into the Wendy's parking lot and put the top down.

**I'm going to interject here that I now firmly believe that I must have the potential to be an extremely self absorbed person. Not so much because I think I'm so great or anything, but because I am continuously being preemptively humbled. Looking at it objectively, I don't think that's such a terrible thing. In fact, it's actually starting to be funny. But I digress**

As I sat there in my hot-mama convertible with the top down, I thought to myself how great the car was and how awesome it was going to look when I drove off - especially to the teenagers who were in the parking lot. So as I'm pulling out of the lot, I had to pause at the enterance to look both ways, and I get sprayed right in the head with a sprinkler. In fact, unfortunately for me, the first fifty yards or so of street are lined with sprinklers. Needless to say, that was hardly awesome. : )

At any rate, I like the car. Josh has named it Lois.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Convertible - $10,000
driving w/top down on a nice night - $0
sprinklers at night - priceless.

That is classic funny. I wonder if I should call the TBS funny deptartment.

Nelson

Anonymous said...

Convertible - $10,000
driving w/top down on a nice night - $0
sprinklers at night - priceless.

That is classic funny. I wonder if I should call the TBS funny deptartment.

Nelson