Thursday, June 01, 2006

Greetings!

Not a whole lot going on at this point, but nonetheless, I am going to post something. It's just my way.

Yesterday we had a farewell lunch for my former boss, David. I'd all but given up on ever making anything to eat and bringing it to work again. However, I decided to work the mojo of the gooey butter cake and see how that went. I also figured that if no one would eat it, at least that just meant more for me! So I made one, half regular and half chocolate (both Godiva and Ghiradelli were used thankyouverymuch). Everyone loved it. It was snarfed within an inch of it's life! I was even asked for the recipe! There were only four tiny little end pieces left, and I left those for one of my co-worker's kids, who were visiting the museum for the day. I was glad. So THERE! Mwahahahahahaa! With the Gooey Butter Cake, I will take over the world!

I've finally started going back to the gym. I have been too scared to actually change at the gym, due to Lauren's stories, so I changed here in my office before I leave. I used to feel comfortable doing that, but now I have to cram myself into a corner with my back against the door so that no one unlocks my door and walks in on me. Apparently I can't have access to anyone's office unless security opens the door, but everyone else has a key to my office! Also, I haven't felt too confident about my privacy since the IT guy walked across the roof and pounded on my access door without me even knowing he was out there! Trust me, I don't intend to have anyone I work with see me in my underwear if I can help it. Yuck! ANYWAYS. Apparently the New Year's Resolution crowd has thinned out a bit, so trying to find equipment isn't as hard as it used to be. Well, I take that back. It can still be hard when you have folks working out WELL above their fitness levels. Last week, I was waiting to use a machine when this older guy, who is panting and all red, walks up and cuts me off. If he could talk, I'm sure he would have told me that he was using the machine, but he was so out of breath that all he could do was gesture to the thing and hold up two fingers. I gathered that to mean he still had two sets to go. So I went on to other things, thinking that I could possibly go back there later. I finally finished everything else, and that guy was still using that machine. I watched him, and it was obvious that he was lifting way too much weight! He was jerking the handles up and making this horrible grunting sound, and I'm pretty sure he was within an inch of an explosive anal prolapse. I'm thinking that if it takes you half an hour to do three sets of weights, you are probably overdoing it, there, grandpa! Also, there was the cheering lady on the treadmill. I don't know if she realized it because she was wearing earphones, but when she was cheering herself on, she was loud! I mean, she was running and yelling to herself "COME ON!" "DO IT!" I suppose I should admire her self cheering, but quite frankly I was embarrased for her. Maybe I should have started running and shouting "HI-HO SILVER!" or "WITH THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL I CAN GO TO LEVEL 5" or something like that. However, I try to stay as low key and under the radar as possible at the gym. Don't want to call attention to my unathleticness. Last night when I went, I was doing fine up until the last 20 minutes, which are set aside for cardio work (according to my form, anyways). I knew I was tired, but I normally am after doing weights, so I didn't think anything of jumping on something called an ArcTrainer. I was fine for about 5 minutes, but after that I almost passed out. Literally. Everything got all swimmy and woozy and I had to try and stop the machine, which was hard because it keeps moving long after you want to stop! I managed to take myself to the bathroom and put some cold water on my face, so I didn't actually faint, but I came close. I went home, had dinner, and fell asleep by about 7:30. If it hadn't been for another near "DOG DEATH CAGE MATCH" fight in the backyard, I probably would have slept all the way through until this morning!

If you can believe it, I have been busy today! I kept getting more and more requests for stuff and I've managed to punch out most of them so far. My job tends to go in waves depending on the time of year and such. Summber is super-busy, but Christmas time is completely dead. Ask Kenny, he's seen the level of slackitude I can reach during the holiday season! Anyways, I still have three projects to finish. I kept thinking that today was friday, so I was really trucking it to finish everything, but then I was told it was only thursday. In defiance of the day having the GALL not to be Friday, I stopped working and starting writing my blog. So Nyeah!

I was supposed to go grocery shopping with Josh this evening since we are the designated snack parents for the group of us going to the concert on the mountain tomorrow night, but it looks like it's going to storm pretty badly, so we are going to wait until tomorrow afternoon to do it. Normally I don't care much for the concerts on the mountain (with the exception of the bluesy one from last year - yow that guy was awesome) because they are all kind of high falutin, but I'm going to give this one a shot. If I decide I don't like it, I will just plug my iPod in and pretend to be listening to the jazz ensamble. Yes. Listening to the jazz ensemble with white head phones sticking out of my ears. Completely not noticable.

I think I need to work on my plan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your culinary triumph, but you are a cake tease! I want the recipe! :P Smooches!