Friday, June 30, 2006

ED IS THE DEVIL

Power Rangers creep me out. I've tried to like it, or to at least understand it, but to no avail. I was once scared pretty badly by a guy wearing a Red Ranger suit (he really just popped out of no-where) and since then I have kept my distance. My newest co-worker, Ed, who is a fan of such things as well as an afficianado on all things in Japanese culture, is determined to introduce me to many things that I would otherwise have no clue existed. One of these things is "MagiRangers" which is apparently what the American Mighty Morphing Power Rangers is adapted from. Never heard of them? Neither had I.

Imagine MMPRs with magic cell phones and slightly different costumes. You wouldn't think that was so bad, right? Well, I don't know about the MagiRangers themselves, but the theme song has now been imbedded into my brain for all time. He sent me the MP3 and now I can't quit thinking of it! Normally if I can just sing the song out loud a couple of times, I'm okay and the song leaves. However, I don't know Japanese, so I can't sing this song! All I can do is hum the freakishly catchy tune! The last time I had a song I didn't know stuck in my head, it was there for three months. That isn't an exaggeration. THREE MONTHS! I finally had to buy the Commedores Greatest Hits and listen to it until I learned the song.

Here is the song on YouTube.com. It's apparently a dance instruction video for kids to learn the official MagiRangers dance. I defy you to not get this song stuck in your brain!

In other news...darn you Nicholas Sparks! Steve and I watched "The Notebook" last night and I spent the last 20 minutes or so just boo-hooing. It even upset the dogs! I had never seen the movie and I had heard it was sad, but geez. Rips your heart out. I've read some of his books, but I had to stop because they made me want to kill myself. He's a good author with a great style, but so depressing. If he ever writes an up-beat book, someone tell me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ed wears prada - Steve

Anonymous said...

No he isnt. I am, and don't make fun of my shoes. - The Devil

Anonymous said...

[ubergeek="on"]

Just for clarification, Magirangers in Japan is Power Rangers Mystic Force in the US.

[ubergeek="off"]

teh 3D

Anonymous said...

It is right catchy.